Before you go on holiday
Do I need a test for the destination I'm travelling to?
Pre-holiday tests are decided by the country you are travelling to. As the situation is changing rapidly, you should always consult the UK government website and the local government advice on your destination before travelling.
How do I order my home sample collection kit?
We've partnered with Randox, a government-accredited testing service, to give you a discount on home test kits, bringing the cost down to just £43 per test. Book with us and you’ll receive a promo code in your booking confirmation, which you will receive via email. Kits will take around 4-6 working days to arrive.
When should I get tested before my holiday?
Every country has their own testing rules and guidelines. You should always check your destination’s local government website for more information, but generally you should collect a swab sample between 48-72 hours before travelling.
Note that some destinations ask for swab samples to be collected within 2-3 days before departure, while others 2-3 days before arrival. While the type of test required by each destination varies, Randox provides home PCR tests that are accredited by the UK government.
Can I get tested at the airport?
If you book your test through our partner Randox, you can now get tested at selected airports including Manchester, London Stansted, and all East Midlands airports. Liverpool is also an option but your test will be carried out at LiverpoolONE centre instead. From just £39, you’ll get your results in just 1-3 hours, and if you book through us you’ll receive a £5 discount code, which you can use against your express test.
Tip: You'll need to include your post-holiday test’s booking reference code on your passenger locator form, so make sure you order your post-holiday test(s) before you get on your return flight home.
GET A TRAVEL TEST KIT
While on holiday
If you are fully-vaccinated or under 18:
To prove your fully-vaccinated status, you’ll need to present the following information included in your NHS Covid Pass:
- forename and surname(s)
- date of birth
- vaccine brand and manufacturer
- date of vaccination for every dose
- country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer
If you’re not fully-vaccinated:
- You will need to take a pre-departure test in order to get back into the UK. This applies to all destinations if you are not fully-vaccinated
- You must take the test (lateral flow) 3 days before you’re due to fly back to the UK. So if you’re returning home on Friday, you’ll need to take the test on the Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday before your flight.
Info on pre-departure tests
When you get back
If you are fully vaccinated or under 18:
- You will need to take a Day 2 lateral flow test when you return. This test can be taken on or before Day 2, but no later
- From 11th February, the requirement to take a Day 2 lateral flow test will be scrapped for fully vaccinated travellers
- You do not need to self-isolate until you receive a negative test result
- Your test will need to be booked before you travel
- You do not need to take a Day 8 test
- Under 18s will be treated as vaccinated adults
If you are not double vaccinated:
- You will need to take PCR tests on Day 2 and Day 8 when you return
- You will need to quarantine for 10 days at home
- You can cut the quarantine period to 5 days under the test-to-release scheme
- From 11th February, non-vaccinated travellers will no longer need to take a Day 8 test. And will also no longer be required to self isolate on arrival
When should I order a test?
GET A POST-HOLIDAY TEST
Other covid resources
A PCR test with Randox usually costs £48pp. Book with us and you’ll receive a promo code that will reduce it to £43 per test. You can redeem it when you order a home test kit from the Randox website. Note that the discount is not valid for in-person tests.
Your promo code can be found on your booking confirmation, which you will receive via email. Simply visit the Randox website, fill out any information required and order your home test using your unique discount code.
If you want your results in good time before you travel, Randox’s rapid test service is highly recommended. Their Covid-19 testing kit allows you to collect a swab sample at home to be sent off for processing at their certified laboratories.
When registering the kit each traveller will input their swab time and date - this usually has to be within 48-72 hours before travelling, though entry requirements vary by country.
Make sure you leave enough time for your testing kit to arrive before your holiday. The sample testing kit has at least 6 months expiry, so you can keep it for up to half a year before you need to travel.
You can arrange for your own private courier or use one of the Randox drop-off points. Note that the delivery of the kits back to the lab is your own responsibility.
You will receive an email receipt to let you know when the labs have received your sample. Once your sample has been processed you will receive a certificate of your test results.
Once you have received the email receipt, your results will be released within 24 hours.
Money-back guaranteeIf your holiday is cancelled by us or your airline, we'll try to find you somewhere else to go. And if we can't, you'll get all of your money back within 14 days of cancellationFind out more
Free amendmentsIf for whatever reason you need to make a change to your holiday due to Covid-19, you won't be charged any amendment fees by usFind out more
Low deposits, no feesMany other travel companies have hidden fees, which aren't included in the final price. With us, the price you see is the price you'll pay - even with low-deposit holidays from £39ppFind out more