And the best part, entry is included in the price of your stay, so you’re free to visit as many times as you want. Whether you fancy an exhilarating holiday in Spain, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus or somewhere else, we’ve lined up our top 5 waterpark hotels.
1. Sol Katmandu Park & Resort
Destination: Majorca, Spain
Why visit: As well as the amenities you’d expect from a 4 star resort, like outdoor pools and a sun terrace, Sol Katmandu Park offers something extra special. It’s the only hotel on the island with its own theme park. So forget All Inclusive, this is fun inclusive. Here children can join the world of Katopia and her water themed kingdom for an exciting 60-minute experience as they become honorary Merkids. Afterwards, back on dry land they can join the adventures of an abandoned ginger kitten named Thunder in the House of Magic.
• Themed water fortress with multiple twisting slides
• Two drenching buckets, releasing 3,000 litres of water every 3-5 minutes.
• 150 interactive water elements.
Looking for more waterpark fun in Majorca? Check out some of our top picks
2. Cyprotel Faliraki
Destination: Rhodes, Greece
Why visit: This friendly-friendly hotel is just a 15-minute walk from Faliraki Beach. An abundance of taverns surround the hotel, giving you the opportunity to live like a Greek by sampling traditional dishes. While themed evenings at the hotel’s restaurant can take your tastebuds on a journey around the world. The hotel’s waterpark ‘Splash Out!’ boasts six slides and is located in a separate area of the resort to the main pool.
• Can you beat your friends to the bottom on the multi racer slides?
• Will you dare to try the slide with a 360° twist?
• All guests over six can enjoy the slides, so six year olds can ride one slide for every year they’ve been alive!
3. Anastasia Beach Hotel
Destination: Protaras, Cyprus
Why visit: Located just a stone's throw from Marlita Beach, guests can take the new coastal footpath all the way to the centre of Protaras. The hotel boasts indoor, outdoor and kids’ pools, as well as a spa and gym. Visit between the months of May and October for complimentary access to Aquamarina Waterpark, where there’s seven rides to choose from, including a multi racer option.
• Relax on a dingy as you’re guided along the lazy river.
• Plunge into the darkness of the tube slide.
• A separate kids’ area for little guests who want to make a big splash.
Anastasia Beach Hotel
4. Eftalia Aqua Resort
Destination: Antalya, Turkey
Why visit: There’s the hotel and then there’s the waterpark. Eftalia Island is a 80,000m2 theme park with a direct bridge link to Eftalia Aqua Resort. So one day you could be enjoying a relaxing massage, before sitting down to a quiet dinner consisting of Ottoman cuisine. The next you’re in a theme park deciding which of the 14 slides you want to try first. The main swimming pool is 50m in length, with separate kids and ‘relax’ options. There’s plenty of other aqua activities at Eftalia Island too, including surfing, banana boating, jet skiing and canoeing.
• Boomerang, black hole, free fall, kamikaze and twister rides.
• Fussy children? There’s three different kids’ pools to choose from.
• Octopus slides for the little guests.
5. Globales Los Patos Park
Destination: Costa del Sol, Spain
Why visit: Set in the popular resort of Benalmádena, Globales Los Patos Park is situated close to the sandy beach and just a short drive from Malaga Airport. Make a splash in one of the four pools or sit back and enjoy the entertainment service. Fun and games for the little ones can be had in the lake style children’s pool. Those feeling a bit apprehensive about going on the slides can find excitement under the mushroom shaped shower. In total there are four slides for kids and eight for guests who are still kids at heart.
• Children can pretend they are Long John Silver, while on the pirate boat.
• Scary shark and snake water shaped slides for children.
• Rock garden themed area for teenagers and adults, surrounded by lush palm trees.
Wherever you choose to stay in the Costa del Sol you won’t be far from Aqualand Torremolinos. Here, you’ll be spoilt for choice thanks to the park’s whopping 30 waterslides, including the highest in Europe. Wondering how to get here? Some resorts offer direct buses, or you can choose a day pass, with options to suit both families and groups of friends.
About the author
Edmund Myerscough loves exploring new destinations. His favourite holiday, so far, was a trip to the Balkans that included Dubrovnik, Mostar and Kotor.