Travel Insurance

Travel insurance

Finding the right policy

If you’re planning on heading abroad, we recommend taking out travel insurance that matches your needs. The right policy may help protect you against unexpected risks and costs – the most common being the cancellation of your trip, lost or stolen luggage, medical cover and now, importantly, COVID-19 cover. 

We've teamed up with Taurus Insurance Services to offer you a range of Travel Insurance products. Based on how often you travel, you can choose from two types of policy. Single Trip covers you for one holiday, while Annual covers you and your travels for 12 months, perfect for anyone planning multiple trips throughout the year. 

You can also choose different levels of cover, ranging from basic to premium. These include Economy, Premier and First Class, plus the Enhanced COVID-19 Protect add-on. With a wide range of options available, you shouldn’t have a problem finding cover that suits your needs. 

Thomas Cook Holiday Insurance is sold and administered by Taurus Insurance Services Limited which is an insurance intermediary licenced and authorised in Gibraltar by the Financial Services Commission under Permission Number 5566 and authorised to passport general insurance intermediary services into the UK. Registered with the Financial Conduct Authority in the UK under registration number 444830. You can purchase your travel insurance from Taurus Insurance Services Limited us at the same time as you book your holiday and pay when your deposit is due. Or you can even add it as an extra after you’ve booked your holiday right up until the day you travel. Full details of our Taurus Insurance Services Limited’s policy wording and insurance product information document (IPID) can be found on this page under the Policy documents section.

Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
Should I choose an Annual Multi-Trip Policy?

If you are taking more than one trip a year, an Annual Multi-Trip policy may be more suitable. This covers you for multiple trips within the destination area you have chosen during a 12 month period for up to 62 or 92 days depending on the level of cover you select.

Where can I get information on any country I plan to visit?

You can get help from the Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) website, which offers a wealth of travel advice, tips and up-to-date information on most countries.

I have (or have had) a medical condition, will my insurance cover this?

Our policies can cover many medical conditions. We offer a simple medical screening process, and this will tell you whether your existing medical condition will be covered. However, for some conditions you may have to pay a bit more to make sure you're fully covered. It’s important to declare all pre-existing medical conditions for all those that are included on the policy. That’s because if you fail to do so, and you subsequently need to make a claim which is linked to a condition, it’s likely the claim will be declined.

Money and Pensions Service (MaPS)

Money and Pensions Service (MaPS) has developed a directory of specialist travel insurance providers to ensure customers with pre-existing medical conditions are easily able to obtain access to affordable travel insurance. If we have been unable to provide a quote or if you would like to check the quote provided by us is the best for you, you may contact them for details of these providers to obtain a comparison by calling 0800 138 7777 or by visiting their website.

I want to take a break for over three weeks, will this be covered under your Annual policy?

Yes. Our Annual insurance allows up to 62 days for any one trip if you choose Economy or Premier cover, or up to 92 days if you select First Class cover.

I live with my partner, but we're not married, are we still eligible for a couple or family policy?

Yes, we can cover you and up to five of your children with a family policy. If it's just the two of you, please select a couple policy.

My child is 18, will they be covered under a family policy?

Our family policies cover your children aged 17 and under. If your child is 18 or over they can purchase a policy in their own name or purchase a group policy that can cover you all.

Is there anything I won't be covered for?

There are some exclusions which are detailed fully in the policy wording. Here are some of the main ones:

•  There is no cover under any section of the policy and no trip cancellation cover as a result of the Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office (FCDO) changing their advice and moving a country from the current exempt from quarantine list. There is also no cover, including if you have to cancel your trip as a result of you being unable to travel due to government travel restrictions (e.g. National Lockdown or Tier Restrictions). If you decide to travel anyway, this policy will not cover you for any peril that may arise, and any subsequent claim under any section of cover in the policy will be rejected.

•  Travelling against medical advice or to obtain medical treatment;

•  Pre-existing medical conditions that haven't been agreed by us;

•  Hazardous sports or activities that haven't been agreed by us;

•  Pregnancy or childbirth, if the due date is less than 12 weeks (16 weeks for a multiple birth) after the end of the trip;

•  Theft from unattended vehicles in some circumstances;

•  Loss or theft of baggage not reported to the police within 24 hours or as soon as possible after that; and

•  Flying, except as a fare-paying passenger in a licensed passenger carrying aircraft

Please also see our dedicated COVID-19 insurance information.

Policy documents

If you purchased “Thomas Cook Holiday Insurance” on or after 1st September 2023 a copy of your wording can be found here:

Policy Wording

Insurance Product Information Document (IPID)

If you’ve purchased Economy, Premier or First Class Travel Insurance product, copies of your documents can be found here:

Policy Wording

Economy Insurance Product Information Document (IPID)

Premier Insurance Product Information Document (IPID)

First Class Insurance Product Information Document (IPID)

If you purchased your policy prior to 1st September 2023 and require a copy of your Policy Wording or IPID please email us at 

Contact Us
Contact Us
For general questions and sales queries:

Feel free to get in touch with us via email, telephone or by post. We're here to help you. If you have a question about our products or your policy you may find the answer within our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) page.

Call: 0330 041 8139


If you’d like to write to us, our office address is:

Thomas Cook Travel Insurance

Suite 2209-2217 Eurotowers

Europort Road


For Policyholders

If you need to discuss or amend your policy:

Call: 0330 041 8139


For Making a Claim

If you need to make a claim on your travel insurance policy, please refer to this page for the relevant contact details. Please also ensure that you have your Policy Number and the full circumstances as they will be required to process your insurance claim.

For Medical Emergency, Medical Related Expenses, Repatriation and Evacuation Claims

Please call the assistance company at any time of the day or night.

Anywhere except the USA, Canada or Mexico

Call: +44 (0)1403 286 537

USA or Canada

Call: +1-844-780-0494


Call: 00 1 819 780 0494

For Gadget Claims

You can submit your gadget claim using the online claims portal, or you can call, email or write to us:


Taurus Insurance Services Ltd

Suite 2209-2217 Eurotowers

Europort Road



Online Claims Portal



0330 041 8140

For Legal Costs and Expenses Claims

If you need to make a claim under the Legal Expenses section of your policy please contact us in one of the following ways:


DAS Legal Expenses Insurance Company Limited

DAS House

Quay Side

Temple Back





0330 041 8140


+44 (0)117 934 2109

For Financial Failure Claims

If you have taken out Travel Disruption cover and need to make a claim, please contact us using one of the following options:


IPP Claims at Sedgwick

Oakleigh House

14-15 Park Place


CF10 3DQ



0330 041 8140

For All Other Claims

If your policy was purchased on or after 15th March 2022


Thomas Cook Travel Insurance Claims, 308-314 London Road, Hadleigh, Benfleet, Essex, SS7 2DD


Here you will be able to submit your claim online for all claims other than those shown above.

If you’re unable to submit your claim online you can also contact us using the following:


Tel: 0330 175 7855 (local rate call)

We can send you a claim form either by post or by email. Alternatively, you can download one from 

If your policy was purchased before 15th March 2022

Please use these details:


Thomas Cook Travel Insurance Claims

Claims Team

Insurance Administration Services Limited

Crow Hill Drive



NG19 7AE



0330 041 8140

We can send you a claim form either by post or by email.