We're ABTA registered and ATOL protected
We know – especially now – that you want to book your holiday with more confidence.
At Thomas Cook, we’re licensed by the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) which means your holiday is protected by the Air Travel Organiser’s License (ATOL). We’re also members of the Association of British Travel Agents (ABTA).
What does this mean for you?
Unlike many other travel companies, we operate on a trust account model. Once we’ve paid the airline for your flights, the rest of your money is held in a trust account. We do not have access to this directly and can only withdraw funds once you’re back home from holiday.
- ATOL number: 11806
- ABTA number: P8283, Y6720
Low deposit holidays with no hidden fees
We don't think you should pay extra for low deposit holidays. Many other travel companies have hidden fees, which aren't included in the final price.
With us, the price you see at the time of booking will be the price you pay. Even if you choose a low deposit deposit.LOW DEPOSIT HOLIDAYS
Our customer promise
24/7 holiday supportIf you need help while you're out on holiday, you can speak to us on the phone 24/7. So you can rest easy knowing that you get the support you need, when you need itFind out more
Low deposit holidays, no feesMany other travel companies have hidden fees, which aren't included in the final price. With us, the price you see is the price you’ll pay - even with low deposit holidays starting from £39ppFind out more
ATOL protectedWe ring fence your money in a secure trust account, so your funds are always safe. We’re also proud ABTA members unlike many other travel companiesFind out moreCovid-19 FAQs on our money-back guaranteeWhen can I get a refund?
If your holiday is cancelled by us or your airline, we'll try to find you somewhere else to go. And if we can't, you'll get all of your money back, including your deposit, within 14 days of cancellation.
If you've booked a flight with Ryanair, we can process the refund for the rest of your holiday once you’ve first contacted them to claim the cost of your flightsWhat counts as a travel ban?
While the term is subject to change, a travel ban currently means situations in which it is illegal for tourists to travel. You'll get a full refund in the following scenarios:
What happens if my flight is cancelled?
- If your destination is added to the red list
- If your holiday is cancelled by us or the airline
- If there's a national lockdown
- If there’s a lockdown in the area of your departure airport or the area in which you live
- If it’s illegal to travel from your departure airport or the area in which you live
- If the country you're travelling to has announced a travel ban for UK visitors
You will receive a refund within 14 days of cancellation. In the case of Ryanair flights, we can process the refund for your holiday after you've first contacted Ryanair to claim the cost of your flights.Covid-19 FAQs on amendmentsWhen can I make a fee-free amendment?
You can amend the date or destination of your holiday any time it is impacted by Covid-19. While there are a number of ways your holiday may be disrupted, here are some examples of the sort of situations where we’d offer to make a fee-free amendment:
Can I change or cancel my booking if UK government rules mean I need to quarantine in a hotel on return?
- If you are told to self isolate by NHS Test and Trace
- If you catch Covid before you are due to depart and can no longer travel on the dates you have booked
- If someone you live with or are travelling with falls ill with Covid and this means you can no longer travel on the dates you have booked
If there is a requirement for you to quarantine in a hotel on your return to the UK and this is in place 2 weeks before you travel, then we will allow you to amend your holiday (with no charges with us) or cancel with a full refund.
If there is a requirement for you to quarantine at home on your return to the UK and you are unable to do this, then we will allow you to amend your holiday with no admin fees from us. While we will do our best to get you a refund for your flights, it will depend on the policy of the airline. Here's a summary of the amendments process in this scenario:
What if I'm told to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace and that overlaps with my holiday?
- You will receive a refund on your hotel and transfer as long as it’s requested before the cut-off date, which will vary depending on the hotel you’ve booked. The cancellation policy for the hotel will be clear before booking
- If your holiday includes a flight with EasyJet and you are due to travel in over 14 days you can make a free amendment. This means you can move your flight to another destination or time, and we can help you find and book you a new hotel
- If your holiday includes a flight with EasyJet and you are due to travel within 14 days, you can make one free amendment up to seven days after a government announcement of a travel ban
- If your new airfare costs more than your original EasyJet flight, you will have to pay the difference
Just give us a call or chat to us online and we’ll be happy to help you amend your holiday to a later date. And because it’s Covid related we won’t charge you an admin or change fee. Please note that this will be subject to your supplier’s terms and conditions which may mean a price increase payable by you.What happens if a destination or country changes their restrictions or goes into lockdown?
If the country you’re travelling to introduces a travel ban on UK visitors, we will help you amend your holiday with no additional fees from us. Please check your airline’s terms and conditions as they may charge amendment fees. Alternatively, chat to us online or give us a call and we’ll be happy to help you understand their current policies.What if my destination is added to the red list two weeks before I’m due to depart?
If you’re unable to quarantine after your holiday, please give us a call or chat to us online and we’ll be happy to help you amend to a different date or destination so you can still get away.Other Covid-19 FAQsHow do I know if I can travel to a destination or not?
All our travel advisors are clued up on all the latest rules and regulations around travel and can help answer any questions you might have on testing or entry requirements. You can contact us via Live Chat from 10am-10pm or by phone on 020 8016 3295 from 10am-7pm.Will you update me if travel restrictions change?
We’re constantly monitoring guidance from the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office and will contact you if travel restrictions affect your holiday.What if I or someone I'm travelling with catches Covid before my holiday?
We’d always recommend you take adequate travel insurance that covers you if you fall ill and are unable to travel. We can also help you change your holiday to a different date or destination with no additional amendment fees from us.What if I or someone I’m travelling with catches Covid whilst I’m away?
We’d always recommend you check your travel insurance will cover you if you fall ill with Covid on holiday. If you need some help, you can contact us 24/7 and we will be on hand to offer some advice or support.Live chat