Sports Travel Insurance
- Leisure & Amateur Sports Insurance
- 100+ Sports Covered at No Extra Cost
- Choose from 4 Sports Grades
- Add to Any Single or Annual Multi Trip Policy
- 24 hour, 365 Day Emergency Assistance
Holiday Insurance For Sports
As a trusted name in travel, we are proud to offer affordable sports travel insurance to take care of you and your valuables on your holiday. From archery to sand yachting, we have automatically included cover for a range of sports at no extra cost to all of our holiday insurance policies.
Why Do I Need Specialist Cover For Sports Holidays?
Thomas Cooks specialist sports cover is both affordable and comprehensive. You are provided with full support and compensation during any unfortunate accident or injuries while you are on holiday. When you opt for sports cover, you can benefit by:
- Receiving complete support and care while you are abroad
- Getting extra equipment cover for your own and hired equipment
- Enjoying your holiday with peace of mind, knowing that you and your family are protected
How To Add Sports Cover To Your Holiday Insurance
All sports offered by Thomas Cook are divided into 4 categories, according to the level of risk involved.
|Grade 1||Grade 2||Grade 3||Grade 4|
|Low-risk activities||Medium-risk activities||Medium- to high-risk activities||High-risk activities|
|Fishing||Boxing Training (no contact)||Abseiling||Canyoning|
|Cycling||Bungee jump (max 3 jumps)||American football (amateur)||Caving|
|Golf||Dog sledging||Black water rafting (grades 5 - 6)||Gorge walking|
|Hurling (amateur)||Paragliding||High diving (amateur, excludes cliff diving)|
|Manual Labour (no machinery)||Parascending (over land)||Horse jumping (excl Polo & hunting)|
|Martial Arts (training only)||Rugby (amateur)||Micro lighting|
|Motorcycling (50cc - 125cc)||Scuba Diving (max 50m)||Parasailing|
|Trekking (2501m - 4000m)||Spear fishing (without air tanks)||Rock climbing (under 2000m)|
|Safari (UK organised)||Tandem skydive (max 2 jumps)||Rock scrambling (under 2000m)|
|Scuba Diving (max 30m)||Yachting (outside territorial waters)||Off piste skiing without a guide|
|Sea canoeing||Trekking (4001m - 6000)|
View our policy wording for a list of over 100 sports covered under Grade 1 at no extra cost.
You receive complete cover for all sports belonging to the grades you top up with, as well as preceding grades, provided you are wearing the necessary and appropriate protective gear. So if you choose grade 4 cover, you are also covered for all grade 1, 2 and 3 sports.
How Does Sport Cover Offer Me Protection?
When you upgrade with sports cover or simply enjoy the benefits of all Grade 1 sport activities at no extra cost, you receive a number of benefits:
- Medical Expenses of up to £10 million, including cover for sports-related injuries
- Hospital Benefit of up to £1,200, as compensation should you miss a part of your holiday due to hospitalisation
- Personal Accident cover of up to £60,000 if you are involved in an accident while abroad
- Baggage of up to £3,000 for your lost luggage
- Ski equipment cover of up to £750
Cover Amendments With Sports Cover
There are no cover amendments necessary for Grade 1 sports. Amendments are made to your travel cover when you top up with Grades 2, 3 or 4 as shown in the table below:
We are fully committed to safeguarding our customers on holiday. With this in mind, we offer 24 hour help and support.
You can benefit from emergency assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by calling our multilingual service at +44 (0)173 340 2046, from anywhere in the world.
Can We Help You?
Our booking system is quick and straightforward. Three simple steps are all it takes to arrange your comprehensive travel insurance:
- Select your trip type, destination and policy start and end dates in our quote form
- We'll load your quote and offer you various cover level options. Simply choose your favourite!
- Enter your payment details. A confirmation will be emailed to you within seconds
Need extra support? Our experienced travel team is happy to help with arranging your travel insurance whenever you need it. Just contact us with any queries - we would be delighted to help you.
Thomas Cook Retail Limited is an Appointed Representative of White Horse Insurance Ireland dac, which is authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland. Thomas Cook travel insurance is underwritten by White Horse Insurance Ireland dac. To check this you may visit www.centralbank.ie.
Thomas Cook Registered Office: Westpoint, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FZ. Company registration no: 00102630. Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.