Airport Parking

Available for UK and ROI residents only

This policy is only available to you if you are a permanent resident in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland and are registered with a Medical Practitioner in the United Kingdom or Republic of Ireland. Please be aware that residents of Gibraltar cannot be covered by our travel insurance policies. All our policies must start and finish in the UK or Republic of Ireland (including the Channel Islands).

Car Hire Excess Insurance At Low Prices

  • UK, Europe & USA
  • Up to £4,000 for Theft, Damage or Loss
  • Daily & Annual Rates Available
  • Windscreen & Tyre Cover

Car Rental Excess Insurance - Say Goodbye To Car Hire Excess

Accidents happen, but with Car Rental Excess Insurance from Thomas Cook there is no need for one to spoil your holiday. Our comprehensive Excess Insurance is tailored to give you the best in cover, yet is affordable enough to suit your pocket:

  • Get the Car Rental Excess Insurance you need - From just 22p a day
  • Stay protected when you travel anywhere in the worldanywhere in the UK
  • Receive tyre, windscreen and under-body cover, with Thomas Cook's Car Rental Insurance

Which Type Of Car Rental Excess Insurance Cover Do I Need?

Our excess cover is available in two variations, depending on the amount of times you rent a car per year. If this is not a regular occurrence for you, then you should consider our daily Car Rental Insurance option. It is perfect if you will only be using a rental car for a few days or up to 62 days of continuous rental.

Our annual option is for frequent travellers who rent cars quite often. It will cover you for 60 consecutive days at a time while you travel in Europe, or elsewhere in the world.

Our Rental Car Excess Insurance

When considering Car Rental Excess Insurance, it is easy to get lost in a sea of technical jargon. Thomas Cook has stripped away all complications by offering you exactly what you need, and a little more. Should an accident happen to your rental car, we will pick up the insurance excess bill.

What can I expect?

We have included more in our packages than other Car Rental Insurance providers. Here are some of our benefits:

  • Up to £4,000 per incident for the loss, damage or towing related damage of your rental vehicle
  • Up to a maximum of £500 per incident for associated misfueling costs
  • Up to a maximum of £500 per incident for each and every claim subject to a maximum of £2,000 in one period on insurance for replacing a lost or stolen key for a rental vehicle

^ Back to top

Why do I get so many benefits?

You deserve more. We will cover your tyres, windscreen and under-body at no extra cost with our standard protection - which most Car Rental Insurance suppliers do not. Avoid taking out costly additional cover from other car rental companies and don't just book it, Thomas Cook it!

Eligibility For Cover

  • Policies are only available to travellers with a valid driving licence, or internationally recognised licence
  • Only adults between, and including, the ages of 21 and 84 are able to take out our policies
  • You must be eligible to rent and drive a car, and adhere to the terms set out by your car rental agreement
  • Your policy will only cover one rented vehicle that is driven exclusively by those mentioned on the car rental agreement
  • Policies are only available to residents of the United Kingdom and the Republic of Ireland

Contact us for any further information or enquiries. Our team is ready and waiting to assist you.


The Thomas Cook Car Hire Excess Insurance is provided by Holiday Extras Ltd who is Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority 309682