As part of one of the world’s leading leisure travel groups, Thomas Cook Airlines recognises the importance of managing and actively mitigating the environmental and social impacts created as a result of our business operations.
Through our management systems we are embedding consideration for sustainability in all areas of our business whilst ensuring we increase sustainability awareness amongst our customers, staff and service partners.
We will monitor our environmental impacts, set stretching targets to deliver continual improvement and transparently report on our performance. We will also use our position in our industry to encourage and support the development of advanced technology and research into products and services, which reduce environmental impact and pollution.
Thomas Cook Airlines is committed to:
• Identifying the significant aspects of our activities and setting targets, which will be reviewed annually
to minimise the level of environmental impact.
• Complying with the requirements of all applicable environmental legislation, environmental codes
of practice and applying best practice principles wherever possible.
• Ensuring environmental and social impacts are assessed and managed as part of commercial
agreements with suppliers and service providers whilst influencing the supply chain to encourage
good environmental practice.
• Maintain constructive dialogue and entering into relationships with key stakeholders through our
membership of Sustainable Aviation, whilst assisting customers and employees to use products and services in an environmentally-sensitive way.
• Communicating the policy internally amongst our staff, suppliers and 3rd party contractors,
raising awareness of the issues and activities to mitigate any negative impacts.
The Environmental Strategy Group reports to the Board of Directors and co-ordinates environmental management within Thomas Cook Airlines. The chair of this group will alert the Board of Directors or members of the senior management team when additional action is needed to maintain the necessary standards of environmental management.
Executive Director – Airline
5th March 2010