Sitting pretty on Turkey's west coast, you'll find the old fishing village of Kusadasi. Over the years, it's transformed into a popular holiday resort; think bustling bars, a chic marina, and charming cafés and you're definitely getting the picture. But you can still see Kusadasi's traditional side as you stroll around the old town with its cobbled streets. And if you're looking for a superb selection of beaches, you'll have no trouble finding your perfect spot; there are eight in total here. When it comes to things to do in Kusadasi, you'll have plenty to keep you busy every day of your holiday. You won't need to move from the sandy shores if you don't want to, but beyond the beach you'll find a buzzing bazaar brimming with handcrafted goodies and a stunning ancient city ...
1. Sunbathe on Downtown BeachRight in the heart of town, Downtown Beach is a manmade stretch tucked between the marina and the harbour. Grab a sun lounger and laze away a day in the sunshine. When you're feeling peckish you can head to the nearby beach bar for a bite to eat. For many, a visit to the beach is one of the top things to do in Kusadasi.
2. Haggle at the Grand BazaarYou won't want to miss out on the unique atmosphere on the Grand Bazaar; it's an absolute paradise for shoppers. Here you'll find a maze of stalls (there are hundreds of them) selling clothes, leather goods, jewellery and more. When you're ready for a break, stop off for an apple tea and watch the locals go by. And don't forget to bring your best bartering skills along with you; it's expected here.
3. Have a night outYou'll find plenty of lively bars in the old town, centred around the aptly named Bar Street. Whether you fancy hitting a karaoke bar or an Irish pub, you'll find everything you need for a fun night out. If you want to stay out late, you can head for one of the clubs on the waterfront. If you're looking for a quiet evening you'll love the Kale district; it's all about traditional tavernas in this part of town,
4. Spend the day on Ladies BeachIt may be called Ladies Beach, but everyone's welcome to soak up the sunshine here. It's only 15 minutes from Kusadasi, and when you arrive you'll find a 1km stretch with warm, shallow waters that are perfect for paddling. You can also pick up the pace and give water sports a go; banana boats and water-skis are available here.
5. Visit ancient EphesusWhen it comes to Kusadasi excursions, a trip to the ancient city of Ephesus is one of the best around. It's only half an hour down the road from the coast, and it's well worth the trip to see streets lined with classical columns, stunning statues and an impressive amphitheatre.