The bustling beach resort of Lassi is situated just a few minutes away from Argostoli, the capital of Kefalonia. Whether you're a couple or a family, here you can sample a slice of laid-back Greek island life or dive into water sports adventures; it's up to you to make your holiday your own. Lassi is the place to go for a more laid-back break. The resort is home to some of Kefalonia's finest beaches, so you can sit back and relax on the sweeping bays and sheltered coves that are dotted along the beautiful coastline. Makris Gialos Beach and Myrtos Beach are popular spots. There's plenty of beautiful scenery to explore nearby, so you can head out into the countryside if you want to get close to nature. After a hard day's relaxing, you'll be able to kick back over dinner and a drink. Unlike on the neighbouring island of Zante, there's no wild nightlife here; instead you'll find family-owned taverns and low-key bars serving Greek fare and local wine. You'll find plenty of things to do in Lassi. We've put together a handy guide to help you on your way.
1. Makris Gialos BeachGet ready to spend a day in the warm Mediterranean sunshine over at the glorious Makris Gialos Beach. Translating from Greek as 'long sandy beach', this is the perfect place to relax and recharge your batteries (and you can top up your tan, too).
2. Daytrip with PanemPrepare for a memorable adventure on the crystal waters of the Ionian Sea when you go on a daytrip with Panem, Kefalonia's original travel agency. Take your pick from a range of destinations, including the spectacular Lake of Melissani.
3. Myrtos BeachWhen you're in Lassi, you simply must pay a visit to Myrtos Beach, a stunning spot backed by lush green hills. This is one Kefalonia's most iconic beaches, thanks to its starring role in the film Captain Corelli's Mandolin.
4. Eden BarPay a visit to Eden Bar and enjoy a few drinks and a bite to eat in a unique setting. As you walk from Lassi over to Argostoli, it's one of the last bars on the right.
5. Pirate Divers ClubLove water sports? Explore the secrets of the deep with the Pirate Divers Club in Lassi. It's based at the Mediterranee Hotel, which fronts onto the Ionian Sea in the heart of Lassi.