Whether you’re heading there to delve into the island’s volcanic past, soak up its subtropical heat or potter around its little villages, no two days will be the same when you’re living your best life in Lanzarote. Unless you want them to be!
Best Lanzarote attractions
Attractions in Lanzarote range from high culture to family-fun water parks, and all points in between. Here are some of our top picks.
• Timanfaya National Park: It’s the kingpin of Lanzarote’s dramatic landscape, home to over a hundred volcanoes – also known as the Fire Mountains.
• Puerto del Carmen harbour: At the heart of life in this lovely resort’s Old Town, with authentic waterside eateries everywhere you look.
• Biosfera Plaza shopping centre: If you love a glitzy mall, you’re going to want to leave space in your case for the flight home!
• Aquapark Costa Teguise: Close to many of the island's big resorts, this winner of a waterpark is easy to get to if you want a day packed with fun and excitement.
• Mirador del Rio: A real bucket-list spot for some of the best views on the island.
• Cesar Manrique’s underground house: totally unique, this is one of the most unusual things to do in Lanzarote!
• Nightlife: you’ll find some of Lanzarote’s best bars and clubs in Puerto del Carmen. Top tip – we highly recommend Peggy’s Snug if you’re bar-hunting in the Matagorda district.