Offering everything from bustling cities to idyllic beaches, the height of the Himalayas to the depths of the jungle, there's certainly no short of India things to do. How about a journey down the Manovi River? Or a night to remember at Chapora Beach? This diverse land is ready and waiting to be explored. Let's take a closer look at some of the best things to do in India for the whole family to enjoy.
1. Goa Science Centre and PlanetariumJust half-hour stroll from Dona Paula's centre, you'll find two of Panaji's main attractions. They're a great option for a day out with the family.
2. Salim Ali Bird SanctuaryLove wildlife? Then a trip to this exotic paradise near Dona Paula on Chorao Island is in order; it's home to hundreds of bird species, marsh crocodiles, jackals, and otters.
3. Cabo de RamaHead for the Cabo da Rama fort to explore the remains of this ancient prison, dried moat, and fortress walls. You'll find this place, which was named after the Hindu god of Ramayana, Rama, right on the very top of a dramatic cliff in Goa.
4. Mandovi RiverTake a trip to the Mandovi River near Candoli to explore India's lush jungle terrain. The river itself is known as the lifeline of Goa and it flows for 77km.
5. Viceroy's ArchGoa's rich heritage can be explored across hundreds of historical sites, and Viceroy's Arch is one of them. It's only a 40-minute drive from Candolim and it's perfect for a daytrip.
6. Dolphin spottingVisit the powdery sands of Coco Beach found at the mouth of the Nerul River just 11 minutes away. As well as basking in the sunshine, there're lots of things to do down on the sandy shores, including keeping an eye out for the wild dolphins that play just offshore.
7. Chapora BeachThis iconic resort in Arpora, Goa, is renowned for its vibrant atmosphere and lively nightlife, against a backdrop of stunning scenery; it's backed by a tropical forest and bookmarked by rolling cliffs.
8. Saturday Night MarketOne of the most popular things to see in Arpora, Goa, is the huge night market, which is set over three fields; shopping, food and dancing await.
9. Nightlife and Club CabanaYou'll find some of Goa's finest nightlife in the vibrant resort of Arpora; expect live music, DJs and dancing every night of the week.
10. Crocodile spottingThe small town of Cumbarjua, near Goa's capital Panjim, is the place to go to spot crocodiles in the lush wetlands of the Mandovi River. Take a boat trip if you dare.
11. Local art at the Kerkar Art ComplexHere in Calangute, Goa, you can expect a mix of art, food, and entertainment. This small gallery showcases colourful paintings, photographs and sculptures from local artist, Dr Subodh Kerkar, and others.
12. Mollem National Park and Dudhsagar FallsA daytrip to Mollem National Park in the Western Ghats promises an adventure in Goa's 240 square-kilometre jungle. You'll find cascading waterfalls 20 minutes away.