When it comes to things to do in California, you'll be spoilt for choice. No matter what your interests, there's more than enough to fill every day of your family holiday. You can spot your favourite stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame, ride the Palm Springs Aerial tramway over desert and forests, or take a road trip along the iconic Pacific Coastal Highway. No matter where you stay or what you do in California, you're guaranteed a holiday that's truly unforgettable. Wondering what else to do in California? Let's take a closer look at some of your options below and see what you could get up to.
1. Take a tour of Dodger StadiumMake the most of your opportunity to see one of the oldest baseball stadiums in Major League Baseball with a visit to ...
2. Explore California Science CenterSpend the morning at the California Science Center in Exposition Park and you can see the real-life space shuttle Endeavour hanging from the ceiling. Plus there's a host of other artefacts to explore and fun activities like rock climbing to enjoy.
3. Head for Griffith ObservatoryYou won't want to miss the panoramic views on offer from the Griffith Observatory. It's the best way to see the City of Angels. You'll also be able to spot the famous Hollywood sign from here, giving you the best views in town!
4. Hit Venice BeachThis has to be one of the world's most famous seaside resorts, so a trip to Venice Beach is an absolute must if you're looking for great things to do in California. Don't forget to talk a walk down the famous boulevard, also known as Ocean Front Walk.
5. Daytrip to Universal Studios HollywoodYou can't come to California and not do a studio tour! This one is the most famous, so if you're looking for an action-packed day out, look no further than Universal Studios Hollywood, with its incredible film studio and theme park attractions. When it comes to things to do in California, it's at the top of the list for families and film buffs.
6. Admire art at the Legion of HonorHoused within a French neoclassical building, the Legion of Honor is an impressive art museum with a collection that spans over 4,000 years of history. The museum is open Tuesday to Sunday.
7. Visit the Walt Disney Family MuseumGet to know the man behind the mouse at the Walt Disney Family Museum. First opened in 2009 by Walt Disney's eldest daughter, here you'll learn about the fascinating life and legacy of Walt Disney, and gain an insight into how he came up with so many magical stories.
8. Learn something at the California Academy of SciencesThe California Academy of Sciences is one of the biggest natural history museums anywhere in the world, housing over 26 million varieties of animals and plants. With so much to see, it's a brilliant day out for the whole family.
9. Walk over the Golden Gate bridgeHead up the coast to San Francisco and you could be in a completely different state. This part of California is packed with great sites too, and top of the list is one of the longest suspension bridges in the world, the Golden Gate Bridge. This incredible feat of engineering is instantly recognisable, with its tall towers, Art Deco styling, and striking 'International Orange' colour.
10. Uncover the secrets of AlcatrazJust off the coast of San Francisco Bay, you'll discover the famous island of Alcatraz. Today, it's all very peaceful, but from 1934 to 1963, it was home to a maximum security federal prison. It's one of the top things to do in Calfornia.
Whether you're into hiking or biking, climbing or photography, a visit to the Zion National Park is an absolute must on any holiday to ...