When most people think of the Greek islands, the places that spring to mind are normally Crete, Zante or maybe Rhodes. But if you’re looking for somewhere that’s a little more untouched and authentic, then why not consider a holiday to the stunning island of Kefalonia?
It may be small but it’s actually the largest of the Ionian Islands, and it’s awash with lush landscapes and breathtaking beaches. Take a look at our handpicked selection of Kefalonia photos below and tell us you don’t love what you see!
1) The beautiful Myrtos Beach
2) The picturesque village of Assos
3) The scenic backdrop of Fiskardo Bay
4) The Monastery of Agios Gerasimos
5) The sunlight shining through into Melissani Lake
6) The soft, golden sands of Lassi Beach
7) The stunning sunset over Petani Beach
8) The authentic Greek charm
9) Saint Theodoroi Lighthouse near Argostoli
10) The idyllic waterfront restaurants
11) The famous Myrtos Beach from above
12) The crystal clear waters
13) The incredible coastline
14) The quaint fishing village of Fiskardo
Ready to soak up the sun in Kefalonia?
Check out those spectacular views for yourself!
About the author
Sadie Geoghegan is a freelance travel writer who, when she’s not exploring the world, can be found writing at home with her dog in Cambridge.