Our prepaid Travel Card is the smart way to carry cash abroad and a cheap alternative to using debit or credit cards. Simply load your Travel Money Card with the currency of either Great British Pounds, Euros, US Dollars, Australian Dollars, New Zealand Dollars, South African Rand or Canadian Dollars and when you’re away on your trip use the card to pay for goods in shops and restaurants or use it to withdraw money from one of millions of ATMs worldwide – just like your debit card at home.
When you purchase or top-up your Travel Money Card, you ensure that you exchange your travel money at the rate shown on the day, thereby avoiding exchange rate fluctuations and variations when you’re abroad. For home delivery simply specify your desired currency as well as the amount and your Travel Money Card will be posted by 1st class Royal Mail and should be with you within three working days. Or, to reserve your prepaid Travel Card simply go to our reserve and collect page, select your currency and the amount you’d like to top up and then click the 'Reserve' button beside the Cash Passport Card option. Your card will then be available to pick up from your choice of over 500 Thomas Cook stores. Our Travel Money Card is available in seven currencies (British Pounds, Euros, US Dollars, Australian Dollars, Canadian Dollars, New Zealand Dollars and South African Rand). Anytime you reload your card you lock-in the exchange rate which you see on the day of purchase. Our 'What's the Rate' currency calculator for Android and 'What’s the Rate' currency calculator for Apple iOS devices allows you to keep on top of the latest exchange rates and trends, as well as use the app to pre-order and reserve foreign currency, a prepaid travel money card or travellers cheques to collect at your nearest Thomas Cook store.
Safe & Secure
- Chip and PIN protected (MasterCard only).
- 24/7 Global Emergency Assistance, including free card replacement if yours is lost or stolen.
- Peace of mind as the card is not linked to a bank account.
- Withdraw local currency at millions of ATMs worldwide, or use your card to pay directly for goods and services.
- No bank account information required to obtain and start using your Thomas Cook Travel Money Card, just photograph ID.
- Powerful online management of your account with transaction details, ATM locator and more.
- Use your unspent funds on your next trip; withdraw the balance from an ATM or cash out your card (fees apply).
As the Thomas Cook Travel Money Card is not linked to any of your bank or credit card accounts, these accounts remain totally separate. Also, the card doesn’t have your name or any other personal details on it, so your identity is secure if the card is lost or stolen.
And, unlike many credit and debit cards, with the Thomas Cook Travel Money Card any fees and charges are clear – you’ll know exactly how much an ATM withdrawal will cost you, allowing for accurate budgeting with no nasty surprises.