- Easy to Book Online
- UK, Europe & Worldwide Cover
- Protected Single or Annual Multi Trips
- Cover Medical, Cancellation & Baggage
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance
Holiday Insurance From Thomas Cook
It is a good idea to make sure that all of your exciting holiday plans are backed up by a reliable holiday insurance package. Ensure that your health, belongings, prebooked accommodation and cruises all fall under a valid policy with Thomas Cook while you travel.
You get to choose from comprehensive policies that:
- Give you access to 24 hour emergency assistance
- Offer special deals for family or group holiday insurance
- Provide you with top-up options from weddings to winter sports trips
- Are available to those needing affordable holiday insurance fast
We are a trusted name in travel insurance. As such, we'll ensure that you have reliable, effective cover and help on hand, whenever you need it.
Choosing Your Holiday Insurance Policy
The 2 policy types that you can choose from all hinge on the type of traveller you are, or the type of journey that you will undertake. Cover is available for travel in the UK, Europe or Worldwide.
- Single Trip Insurance is ideal for one-off journeys of up to 365 days long and can be booked up to 1 year in advance
- Annual Holiday Insurance is designed for unlimited trips for 1 year and can be purchased up to 31 days prior
When you take out a Single, or Annual Multi Trip policy, you are able to add up to 7 travellers on a single policy. This means that your family or friends can all benefit from a single policy. Larger numbers can be accommodated, but you will have to contact us during office hours.
Choose Suitable Holiday Insurance Cover Levels
You do not have to fret about your holiday cover not suiting you budget, or about not having adequate cover for your trip. You get to extend your already-affordable policy to cover the additional extras that you need. As a result, you get to work within your own budget and get the tailored cover that you need.
- Save money with our Bronze package
- Choose a mid-range cover with the Silver package
- Protect your possessions with the Gold package - our best seller
- Extend your cover for extra activities by adding additional cover
Find out more about how your Bronze, Silver and Gold Holiday Insurance Packages work by viewing our policy wording, or brief summaries below. Stay safe while you are travelling. Be sure to check what your insurance covers you for and always feel free to speak to us at Thomas Cook if you need help understanding your policy.
The FCO Recommends Holiday Insurance
The FCO states that supplementary cover such as credit card accident cover and private health cover is not enough when you decide to go globe trotting. Without your policy in your back pocket, you may end up having to foot the bill for extremely high expenses. Unless you are well off, this could lead to difficult financial and legal implications.
"Many people deeply regret not taking out travel insurance. They think their credit card accident cover, home insurance, or private health cover is sufficient." - The FCO
Your affordable holiday insurance should be the perfect fit for you, from simple trip cancellations to personal accidents. If you are heading off to more challenging travel pastures, or simply need higher cover levels to insure your trip of a lifetime, opt for the policy that covers everything you need.
Know Your Cover Levels
Thomas Cook offers you cover limits, benefits and rates according to your wallet and the type of trip that you intend on taking. You can choose from 3 cover levels - Bronze, Silver and Gold.
Whether you are going away for a short trip or extended periods, Bronze cover offers sufficient protection for those who don't want to spend too much money. Some benefits include:
- Up to £2,500 for Cancellation and Curtailment
- Up to £2.5 million for Medical Expenses
- Up to £15,000 for Personal Accident
The Silver policy is our mid-range option and includes higher cover limits and lower excess. Some of the features include:
- Up to £5,000 for cancellation and curtailment
- Up to £5 million for Medical Expenses
- Up to £30,000 for Personal Accident
This cover is the crown jewel of our insurance. It offers the most comprehensive cover:
- Up to £10,000 for Cancellation and Curtailment
- Up to £10 million for Medical Expenses
- Up to £60,000 for Personal Accident
- Unique benefits such as cover for Hijackings, Extended Kennel Fees and Loss of Hotel Facilities
Top Up Cover For Your Holiday
In addition to our standard polices, we have a number of top-up options for you to add to your quote so that you can shape your travel insurance policy so that it is unique to your needs.
- Business Travel Insurance cover for your business equipment including laptops and phones
- Cruise Travel Insurance cover for all on board activities including cabin confinement
- Sports Travel Insurance cover for ski equipment, piste closure, lift passes and more
- Wedding Travel Insurance cover for your special day abroad and includes rings, photos and attire
- Winter Sports Travel Insurance cover for ski equipment, piste closure, lift passes and more
Our Holiday Insurance policies ensure that your trip remains safeguarded from start to finish.
We are fully committed to safeguarding our customers on holiday. With this in mind, we offer 24 hour help and support.
You can benefit from emergency assistance 24 hours a day, 365 days a year by calling our multilingual service at +44 (0)871 895 0100 or +44 (0)173 340 2046, from anywhere in the world.
Can We Help You?
Our booking system is quick and straightforward. Three simple steps are all it takes to arrange your comprehensive travel insurance:
- Select your trip type, destination and policy start and end dates in our quote form
- We'll load your quote and offer you various cover level options. Simply choose your favourite!
- Enter your payment details. A confirmation will be emailed to you within seconds
Need extra support? Our experienced travel team is happy to help with arranging your travel insurance whenever you need it. Just contact us with any queries - we would be delighted to help you.
Getting The Best Deals With Thomas Cook
Remember that Thomas Cook Extras does not only offer you the best Travel Insurance. We offer you the best holiday packages. After booking your flights and tailoring your travel cover, you may want to make the most of your Thomas Cook holiday by getting discounted airport parking, car hire excess insurance and more travel extras.
Thomas Cook Retail Limited is an Appointed Representative of White Horse Insurance Ireland Limited, which is authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland. Thomas Cook travel insurance is underwritten by White Horse Insurance Ireland Limited. To check this you may visit www.centralbank.ie.
Thomas Cook Registered Office: The Thomas Cook Business Park, Coningsby Road, Peterborough PE38SB. Company registration no. 102630. Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.