Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
The Prize Draw
1. By entering this prize draw participants have a chance to win a Thomas Cook gift card worth £1,500. There’s one prize to be won.
2. The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Promoter, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw. All entrants must have a valid email address.
How to enter
3. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary, but it’s a condition of entry that each participant signs up to receive marketing by email and/or post from Thomas Cook UK companies. If you do not wish to sign up, please do not complete the entry form.
4. Only one entry per person is permitted.
5. To enter the prize draw all you need to do is answer the two questions on the sign up form, complete all your details, and then submit the completed form. Entry can be via the Thomas Cook Facebook page or via the Thomascook.com website.
6. It’s a condition of entry that participants agree to receive marketing communications from Thomas Cook UK companies, and that they’re still signed up to receive marketing by 23 November 2017 (the date the winner is announced). Participants can unsubscribe at any time from future e-mails or direct mails by using the email unsubscribe function or following the instructions to unsubscribe stated on any direct mails received. However, by unsubscribing before 23 November 2017 this will invalidate your entry in to the prize draw.
7. The closing date of the prize draw is midnight on 26 October 2017. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed or received due to a technical fault (including any technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind).
9. No bulk, machine generated, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. Entries will only be allowed in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any attempted interference with the running of this promotion will result in a void entry.
10. No responsibility will be accepted for entries delayed. No responsibility will be taken for telecommunication, device or website error.
11. A winner will be chosen by random draw supervised by an independent person by 2 November 2017.
12. The winner will receive a Thomas Cook gift card worth £1,500. The validity of the gift card is printed on its reverse and it will expire on the date shown on the card.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so.
14. The prize isn’t negotiable or transferable.
Winner announcement & claiming the prize
15. The winner will be notified by email (using details provided at entry) by 8 November 2017. If the winner doesn’t respond to the Promoter within seven days of being notified , then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
16. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
17. The winner of the prize draw will be announced via ww.thomascook.com/sign-up/gift-card-prize-draw-2017 by 23 November 2017 and will remain visible until 30 November 2017.
Data protection and publicity
18. If you’re the winner of the prize draw, you agree that the Promoter may use your name and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this prize draw and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes in the media.
20. This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook or any other social media sites and participants agree that none of these organisations have any liability for the operation of this promotion or supply of the prize.
21. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
22. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it’s caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights aren’t affected.
23. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
24. The Promoter of this prize draw is Thomas Cook Retail Limited of Westpoint, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough PE2 6FZ.