For Your Chance to Win a Thomas Cook Gift Card worth £100
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
The Prize Draw
1. By entering this prize draw participants have a chance to win a Thomas Cook gift card worth £100. There’s 1 prize to be won.
2. The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Thomas Cook Group Plc, their immediate families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
How to enter
3. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
4. All entries must be submitted via the actual post on either Thomas Cook UK’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/thomascook or Thomas Cook UK’s Twitter page and only one entry per person is permitted overall (and not one entry per person per site).
5. To enter the prize draw all you need to do is pause the video shown in the post, take a screenshot of the paused page and upload a copy of it in to the comment field of the actual post. You do not have to comment aswell, in order to enter the prize draw.
6. Any comments will be rejected, removed from the site, and/or will not be entered in to the prize draw if those comments:
• refer to a competitor
• refer to a complaint or negative service
• refer to illegal, sexually explicit or morally offensive behaviour
• are inappropriate and don’t relate to the prize draw theme
7. The opening date/time for entries is [18:00] on 16 July 2018. The closing date/time for receipt of entries is 14:00pm on 23 July 2018. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed or received due to any technical fault (including any technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind).
9. No bulk, machine generated, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. Entries will only be allowed in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any attempted interference with the running of this promotion will result in a void entry.
10. No responsibility will be accepted for entries delayed. No responsibility will be taken for telecommunication, device or website error.
11. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process on 26 July 2018 ("Draw Date").
12. The winner will receive a Thomas Cook Gift Card worth £100.
13. The gift card can be used towards full or part payment of a holiday or selected other travel products and can be redeemed on thomascook.com or at Thomas Cook stores.
14. The validity of the gift card is printed on the reverse and it will expire on the date shown on the card.
15. The gift card cannot be used for/towards the purchase of travel money. For full details of the terms and conditions of the Thomas Cook gift card, please go to: www.thomascook.com/gift-cards/.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so.
17. There’s no cash or other alternative to the prize, and it must be taken as offered.
Winner announcement & claiming the prize
18. The winner will be notified through either Thomas Cook UK’s Facebook page or Thomas Cook UK’s Twitter page (depending on the method of entry) by 27 July 2018 by adding their name to the comment field on the original Facebook or Twitter post and asking them to private message us. If the winner doesn’t respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
19. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
20. The winner of the prize draw will be announced through both Thomas Cook UK’s Facebook page and Thomas Cook UK’s Twitter page via the original posts by 24 August 2018.
Ownership of Photo entries and intellectual property rights
21. Participants warrant that the photo is taken by themselves. Photos will be rejected and removed from the site if they contain:
• content that refers to a competitor
• content that is in regards to a complaint or negative service
• content with inappropriate images – including nudity
• content that depicts illegal, sexually explicit or morally offensive behaviour
• content that has been submitted more than once/ duplicate
• content that is inappropriate, doesn’t relate to [prize draw] theme
22. By submitting a photo, the entrant warrants that the publication of such photo will not infringe the rights (including but not limited to copyright) of any third party, and further warrants that the entrant owns all rights in such photo or has the permission of the owner of the rights to upload the photo.
23. Entrants must ensure that they don’t submit a photo without first obtaining the consent of any individuals who are featured in such photos.
24. Entrants agree to indemnify Thomas Cook against all costs, claims, loss, damage or expense that may result from any third party claim arising from any breach of these warranties by the entrant.
25. Entrants agree that the Promoter is entitled to use any of the submitted photos in subsequent publications, campaigns and promotions both online and offline anywhere in the world. By uploading photos and stories, entrants grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the photo or story “(material)”, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the material for such purposes and assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and waive all moral rights, in and to your prize draw entry.
Data protection and publicity
26. Participants agree that the Promoter may use the winner’s name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this prize draw and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes in the media and social media.
27. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
28. This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook or any other social media sites and participants agree that none of these organisations have any liability for the operation of this promotion or supply of the prize.
29. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
30. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
31. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
32. The Promoter of this prize draw is Thomas Cook Retail Limited, of Westpoint, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FZ.