Bose and Cook’s Club Prize Draw
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
The Prize Draw
1. By entering this prize draw participants have a chance to win either a main prize of a holiday for 4 people to Cook’s Club Palma Beach in Majorca along with a pair of Bose QC35 II headphones each or a runner’s up prize of a pair of Bose QC35 II headphones only. There are 2 main prizes and 10 runner up prizes to win.
2. The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Thomas Cook Group Plc, their immediate families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
How to enter
3. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
4. All entries must be submitted through Thomas Cook’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/thomascook. One entry per person is permitted, and participants have one chance of winning.
5. To enter the prize draw all you need to do is comment, on the actual post, with the name of your favourite holiday song/music track that could be included in our ‘sundowner’ playlist for the Cook’s Club Palma Beach Hotel.
6. Any comments will be rejected, removed from the site, and/or will not be entered in to the prize draw if those comments:
• refer to a competitor
• refer to a complaint or negative service
• refer to illegal, sexually explicit or morally offensive behaviour
• are inappropriate and don’t relate to the prize draw theme
7. The opening date/time for entries is 18:00pm on 7 December 2018. The closing date/time for receipt of entries is 14:00pm on 14 December 2018. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed or received due to any technical fault (including any technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind).
9. No bulk, machine generated, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. Entries will only be allowed in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any attempted interference with the running of this promotion will result in a void entry.
10. No responsibility will be accepted for entries delayed. No responsibility will be taken for telecommunication, device or website error.
11. Two winners and ten runners up will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process on 17 December 2018 ("Draw Date").
12. The first two names drawn (“the Winners”) will each receive a 7 night holiday for four at Cook’s Club Palma Beach, Playa de Palma, Majorca in two rooms (either twin or double) on a bed and breakfast basis. Flights are included with Thomas Cook Airlines, from either London Gatwick, Manchester or Glasgow. Luggage allowance of 15kg per person is included on the flights. Transfers to and from the hotel are also included. Each winner and their 3 guests will each receive a pair of Bose Quiet Comfort 35ii Wireless headphones in either black or silver (the winners and their guests must accept colour choice as allocated by the Promoter).
13. The holiday must be taken by 28 October 2019. The prize does not include travel insurance, the cost of getting to/from the UK airport, meals on the flights, food and drink (other than breakfast), spending money, taxes payable in resort or personal expenses. Any other costs incurred in addition to those set out above and that are incidental to the fulfilment of the prize are the responsibility of the winners.
14. The winners are responsible for ensuring that they and the people travelling with them will be available to travel and that each holds a valid passport, any necessary visa and adequate travel insurance for the holiday, so as to be able to travel on their chosen travel date.
15. The holiday must be booked by 31 January 2019 and all permitted travel dates are subject to availability until the booking has been confirmed by Thomas Cook.
16. The further ten names drawn (“the Runners Up”) will each receive a pair of Bose Quiet Comfort 35ii Wireless headphones in either black or white (runners up must accept colour choice as allocated by the Promoter).
17. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so.
18. There is no cash or other alternative to the prize, and it must be taken as offered. The winners must be one of those who travels.
19. Once the booking is confirmed no changes to the booking are permitted. Thomas Cook Tour Operations Ltd booking conditions will apply to the booking in addition to these prize draw terms and conditions. The booking conditions are available on request or can be found at: www.thomascook.com.
Winners and runners up announcement & claiming the prize
20. Thomas Cook UK will announce the winners and runner ups in the comments of the post and ask them to private message Thomas Cook UK on Facebook. This announcement will be made by 24 December 2018. They will then be asked to provide their address, email address and phone number in the same private conversation. If the winners or runners up do not respond to the Promoter within 7 days of being notified, then the winner's or runner’s up prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another runner up in accordance with the process described above.
21. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
Data protection and publicity
22. The Promoter may ask the winners and runners up to participate in reasonable promotion and publicity (in media and social media) around the prize win.
23. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
24. This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook or any other social media sites and participants agree that none of these organisations have any liability for the operation of this promotion or supply of the prize.
25. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
26. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winners or runners up or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
27. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
28. The Promoter of this prize draw is Thomas Cook Retail Limited, of Westpoint, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FZ. The headphones are supplied by Bose Limited, of Bose House, Quayside Chatham Maritime, Chatham, Kent, ME4 4QZ.