Couples Photo Prize Draw - Your Chance to Win a Holiday for 2 to Cuba
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
The Prize Draw
1. By entering this prize draw participants have a chance to win a holiday for 2 to Cuba. There’s 1 prize to be won.
2. The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Thomas Cook Group Plc, their immediate families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
How to enter
3. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
4. All entries must be submitted through Thomas Cook UK’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/thomascook using the comment field on the actual promotional post and only one entry per person is permitted.
5. To enter the prize draw all you need to do is post one or more photos of you and your partner enjoying one of your early holidays as a couple.
6. You don’t have to add a comment to enter, however if you do, any comment will be rejected, removed from the site, and/or will not be entered in to the prize draw if those comments:
• refer to a competitor
• refer to a complaint or negative service
• refer to illegal, sexually explicit or morally offensive behaviour
• are inappropriate and don’t relate to the prize draw theme
7. The opening date/time for entries is 00.01am on 27 December 2017. The closing date/time for receipt of entries is 11.59pm on 3 January 2018. Entries received after this time will not be accepted.
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed or received due to any technical fault (including any technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind).
9. No bulk, machine generated, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. Entries will only be allowed in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any attempted interference with the running of this promotion will result in a void entry.
10. No responsibility will be accepted for entries delayed. No responsibility will be taken for telecommunication, device or website error.
11. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process on 17 January 2018 ("Draw Date").
12. The winner will receive a 7 night twin centre holiday for 2 in Cuba, staying 3 nights at the Iberostar Parque Central, La Habana in a modern twin room and then staying 4 nights at the Iberostar Bella Vista, Varadero in a standard room, both on an all-inclusive board basis. The prize includes flights with Thomas Cook Airlines from Manchester airport, with 20kgs luggage allowance per person. Resort transfers are also included, from and to the airport and between the 2 hotels.
13. The holiday must be taken on selected dates between 1 May 2018 to 30 April 2019 (but travel and stays during peak dates and school holiday periods are excluded). The prize does not include travel insurance, in-flight meals, spending money, or any other costs or items not specifically stated above as being included.
14. The winner is responsible for ensuring that they and the person travelling with them will be available to travel and that each holds a valid passport, any necessary visa, tourist card and adequate travel insurance for the holiday, so as to be able to travel on their chosen travel date.
15. The holiday must be booked by 24/01/2019 and all permitted travel dates are subject to availability until the booking has been confirmed by Thomas Cook.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter's control makes it necessary to do so.
17. There’s no cash or other alternative to the prize, and it must be taken as offered. The winner must be one of those who travels.
18. Once the booking is confirmed no changes to the booking are permitted. Thomas Cook Tour Operations Ltd booking conditions will apply to the booking in addition to these prize draw terms and conditions. The booking conditions are available on request or can be found at: www.thomascook.com.
Winner announcement & claiming the prize
19. The winner will be notified through Facebook on 17 January 2018 and must verify their identity as the owner of the Facebook account. If the winner doesn’t respond to the Promoter within 72 hours of being notified, then the winner's prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
20. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
21. The winner's name and county can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org within 30 days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw.
Ownership of Photo entries and intellectual property rights
22. Participants warrant that the photo is taken by themselves. Photos will be rejected and removed from the site if they contain:
• content that refers to a competitor
• content that is in regards to a complaint or negative service
• content with inappropriate images – including nudity
• content that depicts illegal, sexually explicit or morally offensive behaviour
• content that has been submitted more than once/ duplicate
• content that is inappropriate, doesn’t relate to the prize draw theme
23. By submitting a photo, the entrant warrants that the publication of such photo will not infringe the rights (including but not limited to copyright) of any third party, and further warrants that the entrant owns all rights in such photo or has the permission of the owner of the rights to upload the photo.
24. Entrants must ensure that they don’t submit a photo without first obtaining the consent of any individuals who are featured in such photos.
25. Entrants agree to indemnify Thomas Cook against all costs, claims, loss, damage or expense that may result from any third party claim arising from any breach of these warranties by the entrant.
26. Entrants agree that the Promoter is entitled to use any of the submitted photos in subsequent publications, campaigns and promotions both online and offline anywhere in the world. By uploading photos entrants grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the photo, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the material for such purposes and assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and waive all moral rights, in and to your prize draw entry.
Data protection and publicity
27. Participants agree that the Promoter may use the winner’s name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this prize draw and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes in the media and social media.
28. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
29. This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook or any other social media sites and participants agree that none of these organisations have any liability for the operation of this promotion or supply of the prize.
30. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
31. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
32. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
33. The Promoter of this prize draw is Thomas Cook Retail Limited, of Westpoint, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FZ.