Located along a private sandy, awarded with the Blue Flag, beach in Kriopigi, Kassandra Palace features a spa centre and an indoor pool. Including a restaurant overlooking the Aegean Sea, the property offers free WiFi in public areas, and rooms with garden, mountain or sea view.
Free beach towels are provided for the pool and the beach. There is also a children's pool and a kid's animation club.
The bright and airy guest rooms have private balcony. Each comes with a flat-screen satellite TV, air conditioning and mini fridge. Bathrooms have a tub, hairdryer and amenities.
The spa centre features a hot tub, sauna, hammam and indoor heated pool. Sports facilities include a fitness centre and tennis court, while yoga and pilates classes are also held.
Ammos Tavern serves Greek and international dishes, as well as snacks and beverages. Guests can enjoy refreshing cocktails at the hotel's lobby or beach bar.
Kassandra Palace is 1.5 km from the centre of Kriopigi and provides shuttle services. Staff at the front desk can provide information on car/boat rental and for excursions on the surrounding area. Thessaloniki International Airport is 80 km away. On-site parking is free.
Distance to city centre 2km
Distance to beach 0.03km
Distance to airport 80m
Address: +302374051471, Kriopigi, Kriopigi - Kassandra, Greece
Kassandra, Halkidiki, Greece
For the latest advice specific to your holiday destination, please visit the FCO travel aware site (The Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO)), which can tell you about local laws, passport and visa requirements. We recommend for the latest travel news and advice to visit the Foreign office & Commonwealth Office (www.gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice)
Choose your board basis
I have visited Kassandra palace for a week retreat with my husband and I had the most amazing holiday!
The staff was super friendly and always ready to help with a smile , the food was superb especially in the beach restaurant !
Definitively recommend !
Angelo & Jaco
There are a lot of great things about this hotel hence why I'm giving it 4 out of 5 but we came across quite a few things which really let it down and didnt reflect a 5 star. We were travelling as a trio of friends and our friends son who is 3 years old.
The good points:
- Great a la carte restaurant, its got beautiful decor & the food was really good.
- There's lots of cats around the hotel especially at meal times (good for animal lovers, not so good for allergies)
The not so good points:
It would have been really nice having the pool bar open in the evening as its really nice to sit on the bean bags, my suggestion would be to have some sort of entertainment for adults at the main pool area (like a singer, a DJ playing chillout music or even a band) where you can sit and have a cocktail and enjoy the evening.
Things that went wrong:
- The shuttle booked by the hotel was over booked and didn't have enough seats for us - this was rectified by the hotel arranging us a taxi which we were happy with but we still had to wait a long time with a 3 year old who was getting irritable, we had to get all our luggage off the bus after realising there wasn't enough seats...
- We kept losing electric, it happened 3 out of 5 days we were there and we had to call/go to reception at least 4 times to tell them. One night we sat in the dark for 3 hours before someone came to fix it. Each time they eventually rectified it but there was no apology given. I requested for us to change rooms which was agreed by Andreas at reception if it happened again (and it did) but we were never moved and the electric began working again. Lots of wasted time on our part waiting in the room for someone to come and fix it.
- My friends little boys Mr Men books just vanished one day after the maids had been in to clean... I can understand if 1 had disappeared but it was 5 in total which is too much of a coincidence. We checked the entire room from top to bottom and they could not be found. My only thought was that maybe they were wrapped up in the bed sheets which were then removed and taken away to be cleaned. I asked reception to email me if they found them but haven't heard at all. I know they are only books but as part of a collection its a bit frustrating for her to now try and get replacements and makes me question what else has gone missing from other guests rooms.
- We asked reception where the nearest shop/supermarket was and was told 20 minute walk or €5 in a taxi, we decided to walk there and taxi back. Once we got out of the hotel grounds and asked for directions we were told 30 minute walk.... It was a really uneven dirt track/back alley which went up a steep hill, majority was a high incline on a dual carriageway so a little sketchy. Definitely not suitable for unfit people like myself but we made it. I definitely would not recommend if you have kids as its a hard walk. We asked the shop keeper to order us a taxi back to the hotel (using the contact card given to us) and we were back at the hotel within 2 mins.
I must note that the taxi driver asked for my hand through the screen when we got into the taxi (thinking he was going to give me a mint or something) and he kissed it which made me feel really uncomfortable for the entire journey. Baring in mind we are in a pandemic I thought it was inappropriate for a "luxury car service" to do something like that to 2 youngish girls in their mid 20's. Not a reflection on the hotel but this is the company they use for taxis....
I understand due to Covid we dont know the whole circumstances as to why the hotel is only half renovated. The parts which are renovated are absolutely lovely (the main pool area, a la carte restaurant, the relaxing area with the hammocks and the buffet restaurant) but the rest is very run down especially the room we had and the children's pool. I think once its all renovated it would be a really nice hotel. Because our stay was so cheap we gave the hotel the benefit of the doubt.
Overall we had a nice stay, it was boring in the evenings so we probably wouldn't go back unless the hotel was finished being renovated and they provided some sort of entertainment in the evenings.
There for the last week of their season. The quality of accommodation could not be faulted. A wonderful friendly welcome even though it was late at night. All staff very cheerful and fully compliant with Covid-19 rules. My package included a complimentary bottle of wine in the room, a voucher for a free cocktail at the beach bar plus €50 credit on my room account. The food was of good quality with a varied selection and served in a bright environment with plenty of space at either inside or outside tables. There was also a separate restaurant with a la carte menu where the food was of exceptional quality and provided at 30% discount as I had half board accommodation.
The lounge/reception area was comfortable with drinks of all kinds available and included a happy hour every evening.
The beach area was private for guests, clean with more than enough sunbeds, a lovely beach bar with wide selection of drinks and snacks. There was also a beautiful, clean pool area with its own bar which I used only once as I prefer the beach.
The crowning glory was the staff, who were always happy and welcoming and could not be praised too much. I left on the last day of the season and was in fact the last guest to leave the Hotel as I had a late flight. I was allowed to keep access to my room until 7pm when my transport to the airport arrived, so enjoyed a full final day on the beach with once again superb service and wonderful weather
Overall, a fantastic place to visit and I could thoroughly recommend it to anyone, be it a lone traveller like myself, a couple or a family group as all are very well catered for.
A must place to visit.