You don’t have to be a racing fan to make the most out of your day out at the Daytona International Speedway. The whole family is guaranteed to enjoy a trip to the world’s first motorsports speedway, where the famous 500-mile-long Daytona 500 motor race is held every year. Only a ten-minute drive from the beautiful Daytona beach, this state-of-the-art motorsports attraction is well worth time away from Daytona’s boardwalk rides and arcades, and is the perfect special event for any true petrol head.
The energy of the race track and the sound of engines roaring mean you’re in for an unrivalled, one-of-kind experience. If a visit to the ‘World Center of Racing’ isn’t enough for the diehard race fanatic in you, then you can even venture behind the scenes with tour options and unique NASCAR racing experiences too.
From zooming around the track on a motion simulator to a stomach churning virtual reality racing experience, you’ll leave this Florida racing track knowing all about the excitement involved with being a real-life speed demon. You can sit back and hold on tight as you ride shotgun and do laps in an authentic NASCAR race car, or get a taste of racing and drive a NASCAR race car yourself.
See actual racing memorabilia like a winning Daytona 500 car still covered in track dust, or simply be there when the cars are unloaded from haulers and the checkered flag waves!
Not to miss
At the Daytona Speedway, you’ll find just as much to see away from the race track as you will next to it. The statues of the NASCAR founders greet you as you enter, there’s a chance to pick up some iconic mementos at the Fanatics Pit Stop gift shop. You can walk in the footsteps of your heroes at the Daytona 500 Champion’s Walk of Fame.
With limited stadium capacity and a high demand, tickets for Daytona 500 are often hard to get and can sell out quickly. So it’s well worth organising your tickets well in advance for the best seats and to guarantee entry
- You’ll be able to choose a package that best suits the experience you’re after; from multiple day packages to camping in the infield with your family
- Arrive early if you want to book on one of the tours as they’re sold on a first-come, first-serve basis
- Some NASCAR experiences are only bookable in advance, so to make sure you don’t miss out. It’s always worth checking beforehand if you fancy a spin on the track
- Enjoy your day at Daytona 500 without rushing around and allow at least four hours to see everything
- It can get unexpectedly cold at the race track, especially if a race runs into the night, so do bring some extra layers just in case
- To make the most out of your day and avoid getting stuck looking for parking, ensure you get there early on Saturday and Sundays
- When it comes to parking, free parking is only available in a limited number of lots so do be prepared to pay
- Most importantly, enjoy the buzz of the track and don’t forget to bring your camera, as the Daytona 500 is the experience of a lifetime!