Mexico certainly knows how to party! Fiestas, festivals, and fireworks – the locals in Cancun love music, dance, and the chance to have a good time on the beach.
So it’s no surprise that the international beach music festival Corona SunSets has its home right here in Cancun. You can catch a Corona SunSets party in the UK, Ibiza, and Canada, but if you want that truly authentic Mexican experience then the annual Corona SunSets at Playa del Carmen is the one to head for.
Tickets sell out fast
International DJs energise a young and happy crowd, here to experience the best beach party in Cancun. It’s bold, it’s fun, and it’s one of the highlights of the year. That means, though, that tickets sell out fast. So if your holiday to Cancun includes this amazing music festival then make sure you book your tickets early – very early! You and around 8,000 other party-goers are all after the same tickets, so either book online before you go, or make sure you visit the Box Office on 28th Street next to Mamitas Beach Club as soon as you arrive.
Chill out on the beach
Unlike a lot of other music festivals in Cancun, the Corona SunSets is a chilled-out affair. After all, this is a beach party, so leave the fancy clothes at home, put your shorts and your flip-flops on, and watch the sun go down over the Pacific Ocean to the beats of up and coming DJs.
As well as experienced mixers, there are plenty of new kids spinning the tunes too, so you get a vibrant mix of old school classics and brand-new trance for that lazy, laid-back feel.
Things to do
It’s not just dancing until dawn at a Corona SunSets festival, either. You’ll find a whole mix of activities and entertainment on offer, from make-up artists to silk screen printing, and plenty of beach games to join in.
There’s beer and spirits aplenty, but don’t worry about getting hungry half-way through the festival, because there’s lots of food on offer too. From spicy tacos to festival favourites like burgers, authentic Mexican food, and international cuisine such as noodles, you can keep your energy levels up with on-the-go snacks or something more substantial.
Handy tips for the festival
• This is an all-weather, so keep an eye on the weather and dress accordingly. The temperature can drop in the evening so bring a light jumper.
• Once you leave the site, you cannot get back in (there are no re-entry stamps or bracelets)
• Because of the crowds, you cannot take in chairs or large blankets. Pets are not allowed, and you cannot bring in drones or glass containers.
• Food and drink sellers only accept cash, you cannot use a credit or debit card to buy food or drink
• There are no ATM’s on the site, so make sure you have some cash on you before you go into the site
• You must be 18 or older to get in
• Entry is general admission. While you can buy tickets in advance, that is no guarantee of admittance.