Winter Sports Travel Insurance
- Protection for Leisure Winter Sports
- Includes Equipment Cover
- UK, Europe & Worldwide Cover
- Single & Annual Insurance Policies
- 24 Hour Emergency Assistance
Winter Sports Holiday Insurance
Stay safe on the slopes with Winter Sports Travel Insurance which protects you, your ski equipment and your holiday plans against the unexpected. It is compatible with UK, Europe or Worldwide travel under our Single or Annual Multi Trip Holiday Insurance. Simply select Winter Sports as an optional extra after quoting.
Why Specialist Cover for Winter Sports is Necessary
Specialist Winter Sports Cover provides protection in the event of injury or accident. Here are some benefits you can enjoy with cover for winter sports:
- Extra protection with ski equipment and piste closure cover
- Support and assistance provided in the unfortunate event of accidents or injuries
- Confidence to participate in winter sports activities knowing you and your family are fully insured for a number of winter sports
Which Winter Sports Are Covered?
Here is a list of all the winter sports activities you get covered for when you top up with Winter Sports Cover:
|Winter Sports Covered|
|Air Boarding||Ice karting||Sledging|
|Big Foot Skiing||Ice Skating||Sledging pulled by horse or reindeer as a passenger|
|Blade Skating||Ice Windsurfing||Snow Boarding|
|Bum boarding||Kick Sledging||Snow mobiling|
|Cross Country / Nordic Skiing||Langlauf||Snow Shoe Walking|
|Dog Sledging||Ski blading||Snow Tubing|
|Dry Skiing||Skiing alpine||Tobogganing|
|Glacier Walking||Skiing off piste with a guide||Winter Walking (using crampons and ice picks only)|
|Huskey Dog Sledging (organised and non-competitive)||Skiing on piste|
Comprehensive protection is provided for each of these activities as long as you are wearing a helmet and other appropriate sports gear.
How Does Winter Sports Cover Offer Me Protection?
When you opt to top up with the Winter Sports Cover, you immediately receive a range of benefits. Some benefits include:
- Medical expenses covered up to £10 million
- Loss or damage to your owned equipment up to £750
- Loss or damage to your hired equipment up to £510
- Compensation for unused pre-booked ski packs up to £600
What Precautions Can I Take On Winter Sports Holidays?
A sprain or fracture can put the brakes on your planned activities. With skiing and snowboarding being sports with high incidences of such injuries, it is wise to take the necessary precautions:
- Ensure your travel insurance covers your particular Winter Sports
- Wear a helmet and use the correct gear
- Never participate in winter sports alone
- Dont participate in winter sports beyond your ability
- Ensure you are the appropriate level of fitness
- Follow the skiing guides safety tips
- Watch the weather for storm warnings
Cover Amendments with my Winter Sports Cover Insurance
There are minimal changes to your cover with the Winter Sports add on. There are 24 sports activities that offer standard cover for Medical Excesses, Personal Accident and Personal Liability. Amendments are only made to the following two sporting activities:
|Medical Excess Increased To||Personal Accident Reduced By||Personal Liability Cover|
Can We Help You?
Our booking system is quick and straightforward. Three simple steps are all it takes to arrange your comprehensive travel insurance:
- Select your trip type, destination and policy start and end dates in our quote form
- We'll load your quote and offer you various cover level options. Simply choose your favourite!
- Enter your payment details. A confirmation will be emailed to you within seconds
Need extra support? Our experienced travel team is happy to help with arranging your travel insurance whenever you need it. Just contact us with any queries - we would be delighted to help you.
Thomas Cook Retail Limited is an Appointed Representative of White Horse Insurance Ireland dac, which is authorised by the Central Bank of Ireland. Thomas Cook travel insurance is underwritten by White Horse Insurance Ireland dac. To check this you may visit www.centralbank.ie.
Thomas Cook Registered Office: Westpoint, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FZ. Company registration no: 00102630. Telephone calls may be monitored or recorded.