Passports, visas and health

How long does my passport need to be valid for?

Most countries now require passports to be valid for at least 6 months after your return date. If your passport is in its final year, please check with the Embassy of the country you are visiting. For further information contact the Passport Office on 0870 5210410 or visit. Special conditions apply for travel to the USA, and all passengers must have individual machine-readable passports. Please check the US Embassy.

Do I need an EHIC?

If you’re travelling to Europe, you should obtain a completed and issued EHIC before departure. Although unknown, new rules are likely to apply in 2021 and beyond following the UK's departure from the EU, so we advise you check before you travel.

Where can I find travel advice?

For the most up-to-date travel advice refer to the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

How can I find out if it's safe to travel?

The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office is the British department that issues advice around travelling. For more information regarding a destination, please visit.