We know it can sometimes be hard to budget for your holiday, so we’re making it easier for you. With our Direct Debit payments, you can secure your holiday with a small deposit and then spread the rest of cost over a few months. You can now also choose our zero deposit offer, which means you’ll be able to book your dream holiday for summer 2019 without having to pay a penny up front. Also, as long as you make the instalment payments you won’t pay any extra charges or fees^. Payments are covered by the Direct Debit guarantee.
How much would you pay each month with Direct Debit?*
Based on 2 people departing in 6 months
|Value of holiday||Deposit||3 Monthly payments of|
Based on 2 people departing in 12 months
|Value of holiday||Deposit||9 Monthly payments of|
*Prices are indicative
You can always choose to opt out of Direct Debit and return to paying your balance in a normal way.
^If you decide to pay by Direct Debit instalments, you may be able either to pay a low deposit (currently £50pp for Short and Mid-haul and £100pp for Long Haul), that’s lower than the standard deposit required by the tour operator (a “Direct Debit Deposit”) or, if we are operating a zero deposit promotion, to pay no deposit (“Zero Deposit”). The current standard full tour operator deposit is £200 or £250 for long haul holidays’. Where you choose one of these options, the following terms and conditions apply in addition to the full terms and conditions for payment by Direct Debit instalments. Making a Zero Deposit or Low Deposit payment shall mean you (the lead name on the booking) have accepted these conditions for yourself and each member of your party. Please read these terms and conditions carefully.
• You understand and agree that if you fail to set up the Direct Debit or cancel it prior to the first instalment being taken, and don’t pay for your holiday by an alternative payment method we accept, your holiday booking will be cancelled and you will still be liable to pay an administration fee of £50.
• If you cancel your Direct Debit after the first instalment has been taken, and as a result your booking is cancelled, you will have to pay the relevant cancellation charge due in accordance with the tour operator’s booking conditions. This will be the minimum of the full tour operator deposit of £200 per person, or £250 per person for long haul holidays
Instalments are administered using a Direct Debit payment scheme and processed on behalf of Thomas Cook Retail Ltd, by GoCardless. GoCardless is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009, registration number 597190, for the provision of payment services. GoCardless is a BACS approved bureau
• This Guarantee is offered by all banks and building societies that accept instructions to pay Direct Debit
• If there are any changes to the amount, date or frequency of your Direct Debit GoCardless will notify you 3 working days in advance of your account being debited or as otherwise agreed. If you request GoCardless to collect a payment, confirmation of the amount and date will be given to you at the time of the request
• If an error is made in the payment of your Direct Debit, by GoCardless or your bank or building society, you are entitled to a full and immediate refund of the amount paid from your bank or building society
• If you receive a refund you are not entitled to, you must pay it back when Thomas Cook asks you to
• You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your bank or building society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us at the same time.
For the complete Deposit and Instalments (Direct Debit) Terms and Conditions please click here.