Be A Brochure Cover Star – Celebrating the launch of our Summer 2016 Brochure
The Thomas Cook ‘Be A Brochure Cover Star’ promotion enables our customers to create their own personal ‘travel brochure cover’ that they can choose to share on social media with their family and friends, and allows entry to a free prize draw for a chance to win a holiday.
Promotion & Prize Draw Terms & Conditions:
How To Enter
- No purchase is necessary to enter the ‘Be A Brochure Cover Star’ promotion or to take part in the prize draw for a chance to win a holiday.
- Entrants must be UK residents aged 18 or over.
- Employees of any company within the Thomas Cook group and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
- Multiple suitable entries are valid.
- By entering and submitting a photo and an account of a holiday memory (hereafter referred to as the “Intellectual Property”), each entrant warrants that they own the copyright in such Intellectual Property and that any subsequent use made by Thomas Cook Retail Limited (hereafter called “Thomas Cook”) of such Intellectual Property will not infringe the rights of any other party.
- If any photo being submitted includes the image of any person other than the entrant, the entrant must ensure prior to submission that they have obtained the permission of that other person to submit the photo to Thomas Cook and to allow the photo to be published and used by Thomas Cook in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter the prize draw, entrants must follow the online ‘Be A Brochure Cover Star’ instructions to create their own personal ‘brochure cover’. The dates for entry are as stated below.
- By taking part in this promotion and providing their email address, each entrant agrees that Thomas Cook and its affiliated companies may use that email address for marketing purposes, to send them e-Newsletters and other offers/information.
- All Intellectual Property that is submitted by entrants will be reviewed prior to being accepted. Thomas Cook reserves the right to reject any Intellectual Property and to refuse entry to the prize draw in the event that, in its sole opinion, any part of such Intellectual Property is considered to be offensive, defamatory, or in any other way unsuitable for publication or use. For the avoidance of doubt, entries will be rejected if they contain:
- any profanities and offensive language.
- content that refers to a competitor
- content that includes urls/links to web sites, email addresses/phone number of client or product manufacturer
- content that is in regards to a complaint or negative service
- content with inappropriate images – nudity including shirtless adults, naked children or copyrighted images or video and not related to topic
- content with reference to legal action
- content with a lack of text
- content that has been submitted more than once/ duplicate
- content that is inappropriate, doesn’t relate to the topic The personal ‘brochure cover’ created by an entrant will not be stored by Thomas Cook and will not be used as the cover of a real travel brochure.
Prize Draw - Entry and Draw Date
- The prize draw entry period runs from 30th April 2015 to 17th May 2015.
- Entries for the prize draw must be completed and received no later than 23.59 on 17th May 2015. The draw will take place on 18th May 2015 and the winner will be notified by email within 5 days of the draw taking place.
- The winner must claim his/her prize within 7 days of being notified and must book the prize holiday no later than 15th June 2015. Failure to do so will result in the prize being forfeited.
- Winner will be drawn at random from all valid entries submitted during the entry periods stated.
- The decision of Thomas Cook is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Winners name may be published on Facebook and in other media, and can be obtained by writing to Thomas Cook once the prize draw promotion has closed.
- Entrants accept that they may be required to take part in PR should they win a prize.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries that are delayed, not received or wrongly delivered.
- No responsibility is accepted for any inability to enter or any failure of or interruption to the ‘Be A Brochure Cover Star’ application due to reasons beyond our control, including but not limited to interruption of Internet access or other technical failures.
- The prize is a Thomas Cook holiday for 2 adults to Greece sharing a side sea view room at the SENTIDO Thassos Imperial staying for 7 nights on a Half Board basis. Travel must take place during the months of June or September 2015 (subject to availability at time of booking). Excluding Half Terms.
- Holiday prize includes return economy flights on Thomas Cook Airlines from London Gawtick or Manchester airport only and transfers in resort.
- Travel dates will be subject to availability at the time of booking.
- The prize must be taken as offered and there is no cash or other alternative.
- The winner must be one of the people who travel on the prize holiday – the prize cannot be transferred.
- The winner and their travelling companion are each responsible for ensuring they hold a valid passport to travel and any necessary visa, and that they hold adequate travel insurance.
- The holiday prize does not include the cost of travel insurance, spending money or any other items or expense not specifically stated within the prize description. All such costs/expenses will be the responsibility of the winner and their travelling companion.
- The holiday prize is operated by Thomas Cook Tour Operations Ltd (ATOL 1179, ABTA V6896) and is subject that tour operator’s booking conditions, a copy of which can be provided on request.
- In the event that the exact prize cannot be provided for reasons beyond the control of Thomas Cook, we reserve the right to provide a substitute prize of equal or greater value.
Assignment of Copyright & Waiver of Moral Rights
- By taking part in this promotion and submitting Intellectual Property, each entrant agrees, in consideration for being able to create their own personal ‘brochure cover’ and take part in the prize draw:
i) to irrevocably and unconditionally waive any and all moral rights in such Intellectual Property;
ii) to assign to Thomas Cook all copyright in such Intellectual Property so as to allow Thomas Cook to use all or any part of such Intellectual Property in any manner that Thomas Cook chooses, including but not limited to the following:-
- publishing all or any part of the Intellectual Property in any media, whether print, electronic or otherwise, in any territory of the world on any number of occasions;
- reproducing, adapting, and/or modifying all or any part or parts of the Intellectual Property in any way including but not limited to adding other images, text and/or graphics;
- licensing third parties including other companies within the Thomas Cook group of companies to use any part or parts of the Intellectual Property; and
- using all or any part or parts of the Intellectual Property for any purpose whatsoever, including but not limited to marketing, advertising, promotion and/or packaging any products and/or services.
- Entrants acknowledge that Thomas Cook is not obliged to make use of the Intellectual Property submitted but may do so if it so chooses.
Liability & Indemnity
- Each entrant warrants that they have the right to assign all copyright in the Intellectual Property to Thomas Cook and that the use by Thomas Cook of the Intellectual Property or any part thereof will not infringe any third party’s rights. Each entrant undertakes to fully indemnify Thomas Cook against any claim for infringement of copyright or infringement of privacy and against any other claim whatsoever that may be brought or made against Thomas Cook or any other company within the Thomas Cook group as a result of the publication, modification or use in any way of the Intellectual Property by Thomas Cook and/or any other Thomas Cook group company.
- The ‘Be A Brochure Cover Star’ promotion is being promoted via several different websites, e-mail communications, PR, PPC and online display activity including social media.
- Thomas Cook accepts no liability for loss or damage that may occur to any hardware or software used by entrants.
- Thomas Cook reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate this promotion and/or the prize draws if necessary due to the detection of any computer virus, tampering or bugs.
- Social networks have no involvement in, or responsibility for, this prize draw promotion.
- Participation in the ‘Be A Brochure Cover Star’ promotion and prize draw implies acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
Promoter: Thomas Cook Retail Ltd trading as thomascook.com, Registered Office: The Thomas Cook Business Park, Coningsby Road, Peterborough, PE3 8SB, Company Registration Number 00102630 England.