I recently returned from a trip to the Costa del Sol, where I stayed in the traditional coastal town, Benalmádena, which is famous for its marina. When I arrived at the SENTIDO Benalmádena Beach, I was welcomed with a glass of bubbly from the SENTIDO concierge staff and was blown away by how at home I felt.
It was like walking into paradise where I didn’t have to lift a finger and the echo of crashing waves lingered in the air. As I sunk into my chair on the terrace, I looked out over the ocean and knew I was about to have the holiday of a lifetime.
If you’re thinking about booking a relaxing break like I did, then here are 5 reasons why SENTIDO Benalmádena Beach should be your next holiday:
1. Location, location, location… It’s only a five-minute stroll from the award-winning and world-renowned Puerto Marina Benalmádena. It’s a truly unique and stunning marina, with lots of places to eat, drink and shop. Throughout the day, you can enjoy some traditional Spanish tapas or buy a hand fan, and at night, this cultural hub comes alive with the lively bars and clubs.
2. The best way to wake up in the morning is by taking a dip in the outdoor infinity style pool. I spent most of my time lounging around on the sun, splashing around in the pool or admiring the incredible sea views. I didn’t even have to worry about getting up early to secure the best sunbed, as this is one of the only hotels in the area to offer them free of charge.
3. Holidays are all about taking it easy. The tranquil spa has an indoor heated pool, jacuzzi and steam room, making it the perfect place to unwind and enjoy a well-deserved pamper session. Your stay is guaranteed to be stress-free with our 24-Hour Hotel Satisfaction Promise. This promise means that if on arrival, your hotel isn’t as we’ve described it; we’ll sort it out or move you to another hotel of the same standard within 24-hours of telling your rep. If we can’t resolve this or find a suitable alternative, you can take the next Thomas Cook Airlines flight home, and we’ll refund you the cost of your holiday. Alternatively, you can continue staying at your hotel, and we’ll give you a voucher for 25% of the amount you paid for your next getaway.
4. Whether you’re staying Bed & Breakfast, Half Board or All Inclusive, you’ll love the food here, because I did. There’s nothing better than waking up late and grabbing breakfast when you want as it’s served until 11:30am. Almost every day, I had fruit and cereal to get me ready for the day ahead. But on Sunday, I must admit I did enjoy tucking into their English breakfast. There was plenty of options to choose from and whether it was breakfast, lunch or dinner the beautiful views over the Mediterranean Sea couldn’t get any better.
5. I’m not a morning person, but the views from my room made me want to be. I’d upgraded to the Deluxe Front Sea View Room, and one of the days, I managed to watch the sunrise, and it was breathtaking. After a long day of catching some rays around the pool, it was the best place to take a moment and relax before dinner. Whether I’d open my curtains and just watch the world go or catch up with loved ones back home by using the free Wi-Fi, I enjoyed being in my own space.
Have you been to the SENTIDO Benalmádena Beach before? What facilities are essential for you to make the most of your holiday? Let me know in the comments below.