Chilly winter weather can often have us daydreaming of tropical heat and our next sunny getaway, however our latest survey has revealed that we Brits actually feel happiest at a rather mild 20˚C.
Surprised? As well as the quarter of us who prefer a milder temperature, 7% of people are happiest at a sweat-inducing 35˚C, with parents most likely to select this option. At the other end of the thermometer, 1% actually said they’re happiest at a bracing 5˚C; the average winter temperature, according to Met Office data for 2016/17.
With a few months of winter weather still ahead of us, we’ve compiled a list of the top destinations, using our handy weather tool, guaranteed to keep you at your ‘happy heat’ all year round.
We’ve also added some extra options for you sun-seekers and those of you who prefer it on the chillier side too.
- January – Mexico, Los Angeles
- February – Morocco, Lanzarote, Gran Canaria
- March – Tunisia, Ayia Napa
- April – Bodrum, Crete, Balearic Islands
- May – Sunny Beach, Montreal, Paris
- June – Amsterdam, Boston
- July – Vancouver, Lapland, Dona Paula
- August – Stockholm, Oregon
- September – Croatia, Calgary
- October – Cape Town, New York
- November – Texas, Algarve, Sicily, Ibiza
- December – San Antonio, Cyprus, Egypt
Where will you go to find your happiness heat? ☀