So, earlier on this year, as part of my honeymoon, I was lucky enough to go to the Maldives. I’ll be totally honest with you; I was worried that I wouldn’t find enough things to do while I was there, which is why we tied it onto the end of a 10-day-tour of Sri Lanka. But my goodness me; these stunning islands blew my mind. A week here was like a week in actual heaven; a place I’ve only ever dreamed about.
The Maldives may well be one of those luxury holidays that you never think you’ll actually go on, but with their future in the balance, there’s no better time to visit than right now. With that in mind, here are 19 Maldives photos that will make you scrap your budget and head there right now.
1) For many of the resorts, you get to travel to them by sea plane.
2) The islands really are this idyllic; a true, tropical paradise.
3) There’s no fighting for sun loungers in the Maldives; each room is allocated their own.
4) You may even be joined by the local wildlife, keeping an eye out for supper.
5) The beaches really are this picture-perfect…
6) …with crystal clear waters for you to take a dip in and cool off from the sun.
7) If you’re into diving, you’ll be spoilt by all the excellent diving opportunities…
8) …where you’ll get to dive amongst all the colourful marine life.
9) Or perhaps you’d prefer to find your own little corner of calm?
10) There’s nothing better than hiring a sea kayak in the Maldives, especially in time for sunset.
11) Then after, why not unwind with a relaxing massage?
12) Enjoy a romantic walk around your stunning island resort…
13) …before catching the breathtaking sunset on the horizon.
14) There’s nothing quite like seeing the sun disappear behind the iconic water bungalows.
15) Then treat yourselves to a candle-lit dinner on the beach…
16) …with first-class chefs cooking up the freshest Maldivian cuisine.
17) Or if you’re really lucky, underwater restaurant anyone?
18) In the morning, you can wake up to these views and do it all over again.
19) Is there anywhere in the world as special as the Maldives?
Have you ever been to the Maldives before? Do these photos make you want to drop everything and go? Let me know in the comments below.