Let’s face it; all mums are heroes in their own right, aren’t they? Juggling the challenges of daily life with raising one or multiple kids is no mean feat, and we think that all mums should be celebrated.
With Mother’s Day just around the corner, we think it’s the perfect time to show our appreciation for our super hero mums. You could treat her to an incredible family holiday to give her a well-earned break, and say thank you for everything she does, or show her how much you cherish her by entering our fantastic prize draw.
We want you to tell us in your own words why your mum, or your kids’ mum, is your hero.
Simply go onto our Facebook page, and add your comment to this post using #Mumsahero. You could write some kind words, add a photo, or even record a video telling us all about them, like our colleagues have done in the video below.
We’ll then pick four winners at random who will each receive an incredible prize (you can find details further down this page).
Terms and conditions of the prize draw
The Prize Draw: By entering this prize draw participants have a chance to win either: a spa break for 2; a Radley medium flapover tote bag worth £209 and a large zip around matinee purse worth £85; a Fragrance Direct products worth £200; or a Bloom and Wild 1 year of flowers worth £216. There are four prizes to be won: one of each.
Eligibility: 1. The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 16 years or over, except employees of the Thomas Cook Group Plc, their direct families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
How to enter: 1. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary. 2. All entries must be submitted through Facebook on either Thomas Cook’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/thomascook or Thomas Cook Cruise’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/cruisetc, and only one entry per person is permitted overall. 3. To enter the prize draw all you need to do is comment on the actual post, telling us why your Mum is a hero: including the hashtag #mumsahero. You may also upload a photo or video is you wish. 4. Any comments will be rejected, removed from the site, and/or will not be entered in to the prize draw if those comments:
- refer to a competitor
- refer to a complaint or negative service
- refer to illegal, sexually explicit or morally offensive behaviour
- are inappropriate and don’t relate to the prize draw theme
5. The opening date for entries is 6 March 2018. The closing date/time for receipt of entries is 10am on 12 March 2018. Entries received after this time will not be considered. 6. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed or received due to any technical fault (including any technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind). 7. No bulk, machine generated, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. Entries will only be allowed in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any attempted interference with the running of this promotion will result in a void entry. 8. No responsibility will be accepted for entries delayed. No responsibility will be taken for telecommunication, device or website error. 9. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process by 15 March 2018.
The Prize: 1. Each winner will receive one of the following prizes. A prize will be awarded to each winner at random. There is one of each prize available to win:
- a SpaBreaks.com spa break for 2 worth £109, which comes with a choice of over 75 venues nationwide. The spa break must be booked within 12 months of being notified of winning the prize and is subject to availability. Age restrictions may apply.
- a Radley medium flapover tote bag worth £209 and a large zip around matinee purse worth £85;
- Fragrance Direct products worth £200;
- ‘Bloom and Wild’ one year of flowers worth £216. A seasonal bouquet delivered through your letter box will be sent to you once a month, for 12 months.
2. The Promoter reserves the right to replace any or all of the prizes with an alternative prize or prizes of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control makes it necessary to do so. 3. There’s no cash or other alternative to each prize, and the prizes must be taken as offered.
Winner announcement & claiming the prize: 1. The winner will be notified by private message through Facebook by 19 March 2018. If the winner doesn’t respond to the Promoter within 3 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above. 2. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it. 3. The winner of the prize draw will be announced on each Facebook post by 22 March 2018.
Ownership of the entries and intellectual property rights: 1. Participants warrant that the photo and/or video is/are taken by themselves. Photos and videos will be rejected and removed from the site if they contain:
- content that refers to a competitor
- content that is in regards to a complaint or negative service
- content with inappropriate images – including nudity
- content that depicts illegal, sexually explicit or morally offensive behaviour
- content that has been submitted more than once/ duplicate
- content that is inappropriate, doesn’t relate to prize draw theme
2. By submitting a photo or video, the entrant warrants that the publication of such photo or video will not infringe the rights (including but not limited to copyright) of any third party, and further warrants that the entrant owns all rights in such photo or video or has the permission of the owner of the rights to upload the photo or video. 3. Entrants must ensure that they don’t submit a photo or video without first obtaining the consent of any individuals who are featured in such photos or videos. 4. Entrants agree to indemnify Thomas Cook against all costs, claims, loss, damage or expense that may result from any third party claim arising from any breach of these warranties by the entrant. 5. Entrants agree that the Promoter is entitled to use any of the submitted photos or videos in subsequent publications, campaigns and promotions both online and offline anywhere in the world. By uploading photos or videos, entrants grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the photos and videos, “(material)”, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the material for such purposes and assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and waive all moral rights, in and to your prize draw entry.
Data protection and publicity: 1. Participants agree that the Promoter may use the winner’s name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this prize draw and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes in the media and social media. 2. Personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
General: 1. This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook or any other social media sites and participants agree that none of these organisations have any liability for the operation of this promotion or supply of the prize. 2. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions. 3. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected. 4. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales. 5. The Promoter of this prize draw is Thomas Cook Retail Limited, of Westpoint, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FZ.