Competition Terms & Conditions:
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over.
- Employees of any company within the Thomas Cook group and their immediate family members are not eligible to enter.
- By entering and submitting a blog post containing 4 photographs each of which represents the theme of one of the four categories (Earth, Water, Fire and Air) each entrant warrants that the blog/photographs are all their own work and that they own the copyright in the photographs.
- If any photograph being submitted includes the image of any person other than the entrant, the entrant must ensure, prior to submission, that they have obtained the permission of that other person to enter the photograph and to allow the photograph to be published and used by Thomas Cook in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Entrants warrant that any subsequent use made by Thomas Cook Retail Limited (hereafter called “Thomas Cook”) of their photographs will not infringe the rights of any other party.
- Thomas Cook reserves the right to reject any blog/photograph and to refuse entry to this competition in the event that, in its sole opinion, the content of such blog/photograph could be considered to be offensive, defamatory, or in any other way unsuitable for publication or future use.
How to enter:
- Entrants must follow the online ‘Explore The Elements’ instructions found https://www.thomascook.com/blog/holiday-competitions-deals/explore-the-elements/ to create their own blog entry. Those entry instructions form part of these competition terms and conditions.
- Only one entry per person is permitted. Multiple entries will be invalid.
- Entries must be received by Thomas Cook by no later than 23.59 on 16th March 2015.
- To qualify for entry, entrants must also nominate 5 of their fellow bloggers within their blog post.
- The decisions of the independent judges appointed by Thomas Cook will be final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Winners will be contacted by email by 25th March 2015.
- Winners’ names may be published on Facebook and in other media, and can be obtained by writing to Thomas Cook once the competition has closed.
- Entrants accept that they may be required to take part in PR should they win a prize.
- No responsibility is accepted for entries that are delayed, not received or wrongly delivered.
- No responsibility is accepted for any inability to enter or any failure of or interruption to the ‘Explore The Elements’ application due to reasons beyond the control of Thomas Cook, including but not limited to interruption of Internet access or other technical failures.
- The winner of each photo category will be able to choose one of the following prizes (subject to availability):
- A Fujifilm X-T1 camera
- An Apple MacBook Air 13-inch 256Gb or
- An Apple iPhone 6 Plus 128 GB with Bose Quiet Comfort 25 headphones
- In the event of the chosen prize not being available, the winner must select one of the other prizes shown above.
- There will be no cash or other alternative to the prizes stated above except that if, for reasons beyond the control of Thomas Cook, the exact prize as described cannot be made available, Thomas Cook reserves the right to substitute any (or all) of the prizes for one(s) of equal or greater cash value.
- The overall winner will receive £5,000 which will be transferred to their nominated bank account in one transaction.
- Prizes will be despatched within 14 days of the winners choosing their prize and providing the necessary delivery address/bank account details (as appropriate).
Licensing Use of Images/Blogs
- By taking part in this competition and submitting a blog/photographs (hereafter referred to as “Intellectual Property”), each entrant agrees, in consideration for the chance to win a prize that they are granting a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable and transferable licence to Thomas Cook to publish, reproduce, use, adapt, communicate and broadcast all or any part of the Intellectual Property in any form and in any media at Thomas Cook’s sole discretion in connection with the promotion of this competition .
- Entrants acknowledge that Thomas Cook is not obliged to make use of the Intellectual Property submitted but may do so if it so chooses.
Liability & Indemnity
- Each entrant warrants that they have the right to license the Intellectual Property to Thomas Cook and that the use by Thomas Cook of the Intellectual Property or any part thereof will not infringe any third party’s rights. Each entrant undertakes to fully indemnify Thomas Cook against any claim for infringement of copyright or infringement of privacy and against any other claim whatsoever that may be brought or made against Thomas Cook or any other company within the Thomas Cook group as a result of the publication, modification or use in any way of the Intellectual Property by Thomas Cook.
- The ‘Explore The Elements’ promotion is being promoted via several different websites, e-mail communications, PR, PPC and online display activity including social media.
- Thomas Cook accepts no liability for loss or damage that may occur to any hardware or software used by entrants.
- Thomas Cook reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate this promotion and/or the competitions if necessary due to the detection of any computer virus, tampering or bugs.
- Social networks have no involvement in, or responsibility for, this competition promotion.
- Participation in the ‘Explore The Elements’ competition implies acceptance of these Terms & Conditions.
Promoter: Thomas Cook Retail Ltd trading as thomascook.com, Registered Office: The Thomas Cook Business Park, Coningsby Road, Peterborough, PE3 8SB, Company Registration Number 00102630 England.