Costa Adeje is fast becoming one of the most popular holiday resorts in Tenerife and it’s easy to see why. Lined with incredible golden beaches, the resort is in the heart of all the action and is the ideal place to base yourself for the perfect Tenerife holiday. There’s so much fun and excitement to fit into one holiday. So let me take some of the pressure from you and fill you in on 7 fun things to do in Costa Adeje.
1) Siam Park – Choosing to stay in the lively resort of Costa Adeje means that Europe’s largest waterpark is literally right on your doorstep. Cool off from the hot Tenerife sun as you whizz down wild slides and make a splash on as many of the 29 rides that you can.
3) Visit Los Cristianos – Head to the nearby resort of Los Cristianos and get all your holiday shopping done at the local market. It’s the largest market on the island and sells everything from souvenirs and leather goods to handmade local crafts. Find out everything there is to know about this spectacular resort in our Los Cristianos destination guide.
4) Teide National Park – If you can drag yourself away from the beautiful beaches of Costa Adeje, take time to visit the breathtakingly stunning Teide National Park. Mount Teide itself is the focal point of the park and is the third largest volcano in the world.
5) Wine and dine – Costa Adeje is a great base for couples and groups of friends looking to enjoy a great holiday together. At night, the buzzing town centre comes to life and you can eat and drink ‘til your heart’s content thanks to a great choice of bars and restaurants.
6) Masca Valley – This is easily one of the most picturesque parts of the island. Once you’ve conquered the windy roads to the village, marvel at the incredible views and the tiny houses perched precariously on the cliffs. You can even combine Mount Teide for a full day trip from Costa Adeje.
7) La Gomera – Just a short ferry ride from Tenerife is the lush, green island of La Gomera. Virtually untouched, you can spend the day here and embark on a guided trek through the Garajonay National Park. Be sure to visit the stunning beach at Puerto de Santiago too.
8) Submarine Safari – Fancy something a little bit different on your next holiday? Then why not delve 30 metres deep into the ocean on a submarine safari. Explore the exotic sea life of Tenerife and see how many Nemos you can spot on this exciting underwater adventure.
What’s your favourite thing to do whilst on holiday in Costa Adeje? Let me know in the comments below.