With Christmas over for another year, we know that a lot of you will now be looking for something else to look forward to. And for many of you, that means booking your big holiday for the summer. But don’t make the mistake of booking your holiday nice and early and thinking ‘I’ll sort out all the extras nearer the time’, because things never work out that way. You’ll wait and wait, then eventually forget about it. Then, before you know it you’ll be paying ridiculous prices for airport parking the night before your holiday, all because you left things until the last minute.
Instead, when booking your holiday, make sure that you book everything that goes along with it at the same time. That way you get yourself the best deals, the best choice, the best availability and what’s more? You save yourself all the unnecessary last minute stress.
Take a look below at our essential holiday checklist to make sure you have everything covered in plenty of time before you jet off for your real good times:
The important bit:
- Your dream package holiday – where will you find yourself in 2015?
- Travel insurance – don’t take any risks
- Travel money – save money by getting your currency before you travel
- Airport or port transport/parking – book early to know that your car will be safe and secure
- Airport or port hotels – save the alarm going off in the middle of the night and be fully rested for your holiday
In flight extras
- Choose your seat – ensure you’re sitting with your friends and family for the journey
- In flight meals – enjoy a fresh and tasty in flight meal created by James Martin
- Extra legroom – for added comfort on your flight
- Extra luggage – take advantage of an extra 5kg so you can fill up on souvenirs and goodies before you fly home
- Sporting equipment – avoid higher charges at the airport and book in advance
- Airport lounges – start your holiday in style and comfort with an airport lounge
During your holiday:
- Car hire – give yourself more freedom to explore your destination
- Car hire excess insurance – protect yourself from a high insurance excess