Hailed as the Venetian Riviera, Lido Di Jesolo is one of Italy’s most popular sun, sea and sand destinations. You may or may not be too familiar with the resort, but if you’re looking for a fun-filled family holiday to Italy, then this could be just the place for you. Spend your days soaking up the warm Mediterranean sun on the beach before enjoying an evening packed full of entertainment in the lively town. Read on to find out a few more things you probably didn’t know about Lido Di Jesolo.
1) The resort boasts an incredible 10 miles of golden, sandy beach, so you certainly wouldn’t have any trouble trying to find the perfect spot to lay back on your lounger and get lost in a good book.
2) Lido Di Jesolo was purpose-built to perfectly cater for the needs of all the holidaymakers that visit in the summer months, meaning there’s a great selection of hotels, shops, restaurants and activities for all to enjoy.
3) The resort holds an annual sand sculpture festival around June or July, which is well worth checking out if it fits in with your holiday.
4) If you fancy a break from the beach, you can take a day trip to the beautiful city of Venice from Lido Di Jesolo. Explore the ancient architecture and be serenaded as you take a romantic ride in a gondola.
5) And if you really wanted to explore Italy some more, you can even take a day trip to Verona and the stunning Lake Garda from Lido Di Jesolo.
6) There’s loads for families with young children to do in Lido Di Jesolo, including mini golf, the sea life aquarium, Tropicarium Park and the excellent Aqualandia waterpark.
7) It’s a great holiday destination for those without kids, too. There’s a lively night life on the main road that runs through the town and plenty of bars situated along the pedestrianised waterfront, where you can grab a cold drink and watch the world go by.