For the majority of younger generations, the idea of going on a cruise conjures up images of senior people spending their money on a retirement holiday that has been years in the making – it’s not something that they would consider going on themselves. Not in the next 30 or 40 years, anyway. But it’s about time that we give you some quick facts and break the stereotype that has been given to cruises and give you a reason to consider taking to the seas for your next holiday.
- Going on a cruise is far from boring – if anything, there is too much to do and you’ll struggle to find time to just chill out and take in your surroundings
- A cruise is not just for old people – you will find entertainment and activities for all ages onboard, from adrenalin-fuelled sports to casinos and luxury spa treatments
- Cruises are great for families, with fun-filled activities designed for children of all ages, kids’ pools and sometimes even baby play zones and kids’ clubs where you can feel safe in the knowledge that your kids are in great hands – escpecially on a Disney cruise. A cruise ship is also a very safe environment for children, with high railings throughout, preventing any risk of falling.
- There is nothing tacky about a cruise – you’ll feel surrounded by sophisticated luxury the second you step onboard
- You’ll be overwhelmed by all the incredible food and drink – most cruise ships have such a great range of cafés, bars and restaurants that you’ll be hard-pushed to sample it all
- You can experience exceptional views no matter which way you turn, seeing natural beauty at its best
- Leave all your worries back in the UK and enjoy the feeling of total solidarity out on the open waters
- You’ll be amazed at the diverse range of people that you’ll meet on a cruise – people from all walks of life with great stories to tell
- You get to explore more places than just going on your usual, one-destination holiday, which is especially good if you want to see as much as you can in a small amount of time. A fly and cruise holiday is a great option if you’re short on time
- Wake up in a new destination every day without having to unpack your suitcase – the travelling is done while you sleep. For families with young children, this means that you are no longer restricted to single-destination holidays and don’t have to worry about lugging your bags from place to place.
- Even if you suffer from motion sickness, chances are you won’t get sea sick on a cruise – you will hardly be aware that the ship is moving!
- Cruises are more affordable than you think, especially when you factor in that the majority are all inclusive and include on board spending money as well as many other great offers and gratuities
Why not take a look at some of some of our Mediterranean cruises, which are a great introduction for first-timers. Or if you’re feeling adventurous, take a look at our great choice of Caribbean cruises. Once you’ve set sail, you’ll never look back!
What do you think about going on a cruise? Have you been on one before or would you consider going on one? Let us know your thoughts below.