I don’t know about you, but for me, part of the enjoyment and excitement of going on holiday is the journey to get there. I’m in holiday mode right from the moment I set foot out my front door. Then of course, the flight to my chosen destination is full of anticipation and energy; with everyone looking forward to arriving on the getaway they’ve been planning for so long.
When staring out the plane window, it’s like you’re in some sort of magical dream world, so far away from the life you know back on the ground. So who can resist capturing that moment on camera? We all love taking photos out of plane windows, so now I want to see yours! Share your best photo from the sky, adding a caption and the hashtag #PicsFromTheSky, and you could be in with a chance of winning a cookbook signed by the man who creates all our delicious in-flight meals, TV’s James Martin.
You can enter by either adding a comment to the promotional post on Thomas Cook’s Facebook page or in the comments section at the bottom of this blog post.
Take a look at the gallery below for some inspiration from my colleagues here at Thomas Cook, then scroll through your camera roll and pick out your best one. Best of luck, and I can’t wait to see them!
Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
The Prize Draw
1. By entering this prize draw participants have a chance to win a signed James Martin book. There’s one prize to be won.
2. The prize draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 years or over, except employees of the Thomas Cook Group Plc, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
How to enter
3. The prize draw is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
4. All entries must be submitted by adding a comment to the promotional post on Thomas Cook’s Facebook page www.facebook.com/thomascook OR in the comments section at the bottom of this blog post. Only one entry per person is permitted.
5. To enter the prize draw all you need to do is post a photograph of the sky, taken from the inside of an aircraft. In the comments field, include the words: #PicsFromTheSky and add a comment about the photo.
6. Any comments will be rejected, removed from the site, and/or will not be entered in to the prize draw if those comments:
- refer to a competitor
- refer to a complaint or negative service
- refer to illegal, sexually explicit or morally offensive behaviour
- are inappropriate and don’t relate to the prize draw theme
7. The opening date/time for entries is 12:00 on 29 September 2017. The closing date/time for receipt of entries is 23:59 on 12 October 2017. Entries received after this time will not be considered.
8. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for entries not successfully completed or received due to any technical fault (including any technical malfunction, computer hardware or software failure, satellite, network or server failure of any kind).
9. No bulk, machine generated, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted. Entries will only be allowed in accordance with these terms and conditions. Any attempted interference with the running of this promotion will result in a void entry.
10. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by a computer process by 16 October 2017 (“Draw Date”).
11. The winner will receive a signed copy of James Martin’s cookbook, ‘More Home Comforts’.
12. The Promoter reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Promoter’s control make it necessary to do so.
13. There’s no cash or other alternative to the prize, and it must be taken as offered.
Winner announcement & claiming the prize
14. The winner will be notified by direct message (through the applicable social channel they entered through) before 18 October 2017 and must verify their identity as the owner of the account. If the winner doesn’t respond to the Promoter within 72 hours of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited and the Promoter will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
15. The decision of the Promoter regarding any aspect of the prize draw is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
16. The winner of the prize draw will be announced on the 25 October 2017 on the Thomas Cook Facebook page.
Ownership of Photographic entries and intellectual property rights
17. Participants warrant that the photo is taken by themselves. Photos will be rejected and removed from the site if they contain:
- content that refers to a competitor
- content that is in regards to a complaint or negative service
- content with inappropriate images – including nudity
- content that depicts illegal, sexually explicit or morally offensive behaviour
- content that has been submitted more than once/duplicate
- content that is inappropriate, doesn’t relate to prize draw theme
18. By submitting a photograph, the entrant warrants that the publication of such photograph will not infringe the rights (including but not limited to copyright) of any third party, and further warrants that the entrant owns all rights in such photograph or has the permission of the owner of the rights to upload the photograph.
19. Entrants must ensure that they don’t submit a photograph without first obtaining the consent of any individuals who are featured in such photographs.
20. Entrants agree to indemnify Thomas Cook against all costs, claims, loss, damage or expense that may result from any third party claim arising from any breach of these warranties by the entrant.
21. Entrants agree that the Promoter is entitled to use any of the submitted photos in subsequent publications, campaigns and promotions both online and offline anywhere in the world. By uploading a photograph, entrants grant the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable licence, for the full period of any intellectual property rights in the photograph, “(material)”, to use, display, publish, transmit, copy, edit, alter, store, re-format and sub-licence the material for such purposes and assign to the Promoter all your intellectual property rights with full title guarantee; and waive all moral rights, in and to your prize draw entry.
22. Participants agree that the Promoter may use the winner’s name, image and town or county of residence to announce the winner of this prize draw and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes in the media.
23. Save as set out in paragraph 6. above, personal data supplied during the course of this promotion may be passed on to third party suppliers only insofar as required for fulfilment/delivery/arrangement of the prize.
24. This prize draw is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook or any other social media sites or by James Martin, and participants agree that none of these have any liability for the operation of this promotion or supply of the prize.
25. Participants are deemed to have accepted and agreed to be bound by these terms and conditions upon entry. The Promoter reserves the right to refuse entry, or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
26. Insofar as is permitted by law, the Promoter, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Promoter, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
27. The prize draw will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
28. The Promoter of this prize draw is Thomas Cook Tour Operations Ltd, of Westpoint, Peterborough Business Park, Lynch Wood, Peterborough, PE2 6FZ.