Thomas Cook Extras Terms and Conditions
Click on the following links to jump to that part of our Terms and Conditions.
Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale
- Data Protection Act
- Telephone Supervision and Taping
- Thomas Cook Extras Liability
Travel Insurance Terms and Conditions
Airport Parking Terms and Conditions
- 24 Hour Transfers to and from the Airport
- Meet and Greet bookings only
- Minimum stays
- Car keys
- Barrier System
- High-sided or Unusually Wide Vehicles
- Cancellation, Amendments and Refunds
- Vehicle Safety and Legality
- Booking Contract
Airport Hotels Terms and Conditions
- What to Take With You When You Travel
- Problems When Using The Services
- Price Guarantee
- Price Changes
- Credit Card Fee
- VAT Charges
- Cancellations, Amendments and Refunds
- Supersaver, Secret Saver, Non-flexible and Advance Purchase Special Prices
- Disabled Facilities
- Directions and Contact Details
- Overnight Parking for Customers Booking Room Only
- Extra Adults
- Standard Rooms
- Leisure Facilities
- Airport Hotels Including Holiday Parking
- Car Keys
- Wake-up Calls
Competition and Promotion Terms and Conditions
Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale
All purchases from Thomas Cook Extras are bound by these Standard Terms and Conditions and any other Terms and Conditions related to specific products detailed below
To initialise, process and confirm your reservation Thomas Cook Extras will retain and use your information that you have supplied. This includes sending it in confidence other companies (or companies acting on instructions) including those located outside the European Economic Area for processing.
You agree to this use of your information by purchasing this policy.
Service teams from Thomas Cook Extras use the data you supply to contact you to offer unique product and service offerings.
We may monitor and record your telephone call for training intentions. This is an important part of our ongoing efforts to bring you the most outstanding service levels.
- Website bookings are valid once you are presented with a booking reference number on a confirmation page on the website.
- Telephonic bookings are valid when confirmed by a Thomas Cook Extras consultant.
- Postal bookings are valid when written confirmation is sent to you from Thomas Cook Extras.
- All services are dependent on booking availability.
- Telephonic or website bookings can be made with a valid credit or debit card.
- Thomas Cook Extras and the service provider reserve the right not to fulfill your booking should the card payment be declined.
- All prices are quoted in pounds Sterling.
- Bookings made using overseas credit cards will be debited from your account by the card issuer. The transaction will be in your local currency at the current exchange rate of the day of processing. A charge for currency conversions may be applied. In this case, the card holder must have been a UK resident at a single fixed address for more than six months.
- All prices are shown at a prebookable rate and include the current VAT rate of 20% . For Insurance bookings the current rate of IPT (Insurance Premium Tax) is 20% .
Thomas Cook Extras acts as a booking agent only for the service provider. Thomas Cook Extras is only liable to customers for losses outrightly originating from its carelessness in processing a booking.
Travel Insurance Terms and Conditions
You have up to 14 days during which you can cancel this policy, should it not meet your needs. You are entitled to receive a full refund provided that you have not travelled or claimed on your policy.
Partly used bookings cannot be refunded.
Airport Parking Terms and Conditions
You will find directions to your car park on our website and included in your booking confirmation.
Although we endeavour to provide you with the most accurate and up-to-date driving aids - with correct addresses, coordinates and postal codes for the car parks - we cannot take responsibility for you reaching your destination, or for incorrect directions provided by SatNav or GPS systems.
Unless the airport is within walking distance or not operational for 24 hours a day, transfers are included in the price. Ensure that you have the transfer timetable for your specific car park. We are not responsible for any missed departures if you arrive at the car park without allowing sufficient time; we encourage you to arrive at least 30 minutes before your check in time.
Car damage claims will not be considered unless you report it to the car park staff immediately upon the return of your vehicle at the terminal. Written confirmation should be obtained to confirm damage.
Some car parks may include a minimum stay requirement. You may stay for shorter periods, but you will still be charged for the minimum duration.
Your booking will not be refunded for any unused parking parking that you have paid for if you arrive early leave late.
For efficient service delivery, you are obliged to hand over your car keys should you be required.
Barrier systems may necessitate that you use your credit card to gain entry and exit. In these cases, we will need to send your credit card information securely to the car park, solely for this purpose.
Remember that even though we only partner with secure service providers, you park at your own risk. The terms and conditions of your car park applies to your parking.
These vehicles do not fall into standard parameters and cannot be accommodated by every car park. Thomas Cook Extras acts as a booking agent for the car parks featured.
You can cancel your reservations at an administrative fee of £5.00 up until 24 hours before you depart.
Cancelling on the day or less than 24 hours before departure will result in you paying the full fee. You will not be refunded for partly or wholly unused bookings.
Remember that you are unable to cancel or amend Super Saver bookings since those car parks have unique terms and conditions
Cancellation waivers of £0.50 can be bought when booking, to waiver the administration charges, should you cancel your booking
All vehicles need to have valid tax discs and must comply with the Road Traffic Act of 1988. Parking providers reserve the right to deny access to vehicles that:
- Do not have a valid tax disc displayed
- Display a tax disc due to expire while your car is parked in the car park
- Have a tyre tread depth deemed illegal
- Are decidedly unfit for driving as per the car park's judgment
You will have to alter your plans if you are not permitted to park at the car park due to the 4 reasons stated above. If you are denied entry due one or more of the 4 reasons set out above, you are not liable to receive any refunds.
Thomas Cook Extras acts as a booking agent for the car parks featured on their site. Customers contract directly with the car park. Full copies of terms and conditions are available should you request them.
Certain car parks are described as Advance Purchase or Super Saver and reserved at special advance purchase prices. These reservations cannot be cancelled or amended.
Airport Hotels Terms and Conditions
Thomas Cook Extras has teamed up with Holiday Extras to bring high-value products and services. Our goal is to always surpass your expectations so that you know that your reservations are always handled by the best possible service providers. This brief and easily understandable section will bring important pointers to your attention.
Keep your booking confirmation voucher and/or booking reference on your person or in your luggage when you depart.
Once at your location, alert the service provider to any problem that you may have so that they can rectify the issue. It is easier to pursue the issue as you discover it than to do it at a later stage. Our partnering service providers will always strive to assist you with your requests, however, assistance cannot be guaranteed. Put any outstanding issues in writing (with receipts if appropriate) to: Holiday Extras Ltd, Customer Relations, Newingreen, Ashford Road, Hythe, Kent, CT21 4JF or send an email, within 6 weeks of your return to the UK.
We will refund the price difference if you find the same product for cheaper within 24 hours of booking. This guarantee does not include offers dependent on buying other products. If you have found the same product for less, we are eager to know about it, so do not hesitate to call us and bear in mind that the products have to be the same in all respects! The guarantee is not applicable to Hotels with Coach.
Pricing may fluctuate; we are devoted to bringing you nothing less than the highest standards and best choice of product, at the best price. All around the season we continue to review our products and prices. You will probably find a few seasonal special offers and in some circumstances, prices may go up before you make your reservation.
Note that bookings by credit card require a 2% surcharge, starting at £1.50 not exceeding £4.00. This fee is nonrefundable and is not applied to debit card purchases.
Our prices include the current 20% VAT rate. Hotel prices are shown as per the daily rate.
Call 0871 360 2020 or email to amend or cancel a reservation.
Cancelling, amending and refunding of hotel or hotel-with-parking reservations can only be done up to a day before. Should it be possible, you will still be liable to pay a cancellation fee of £15.
If your amendments to a reservation cuts down the total number of rooms or nights booked, you will have to pay the cancellation fee of £15 per room, per night.
Purchasing a cancellation waiver of £2.49, during the booking process, eliminates your cancellation fee for your reserved room stays
Parking your vehicle before your scheduled arrival date/time printed in your booking confirmation will result in you paying the car park or hotel locally for the additional parking time at their published Gate Rate
You will not receive a partial or full refunds for collecting your car before the departure date/time on your booking confirmation.
Collecting your car after the departure date/time in your booking confirmation will leave you liable to pay the car park or hotel locally for the extra parking time at their published Gate Rate.
These are special products for which bookings cannot be amended, cancelled or refunded.
Transfers and parking arrangements may not always be suitable to you. Special rooms can only be made available on demand.
Ensure that you have your directions to your hotel as well as the contact number as it appears on your booking confirmation. If you are unsure about your booking, you can contact us or email Holiday Extras to reconfirm your details.
You will find our transfer rates on the Thomas Cook Extras website as well as your booking confirmation. Check the transfers schedule/details in your confirmation to make sure that they are suitable for your flight times.
Transfers are not included for Port and London City Hotels.
Make sure that you check parking details because not all airport hotels offer free overnight parking.
Check your hotel when booking to see if you will be charged a supplement for more than 2 adults in 1 room.
Make sure that the facilities for your room meet your requirements since the may hotels offer different facilities.
To find out if breakfast is available and whether or not it s included, check the times it is available. There are no refunds for unused breakfasts.
Charges may be levied and child access restricted at hotel leisure facilities. Check the details before confirming your reservation.
Car parking arrangements vary and will not always be available at each hotel. Be sure to know what your arrangements are before reserving.
Vehicle owners park at their own risk. Unless clearly stated, parking at hotels is deemed unsecure. The car parked are subject to the conditions and insurance arrangements of the individual car parks (can be requested from the car park). You may have to park for the night of your stay in the hotels' car park, which is unlikely to be secured.
Parking may be offered for 8 or 15 days at a time as an extra or inclusive of the package. You may stay for shorter periods, but that will not result in a price reduction. If you stay for longer periods than you have reserved, you are likely to be liable to pay for your extra stay.
The hotel, or car park staff may require you to hand over your keys in the interests of efficient operations.
Taking a travel alarm is a good idea since hotels are not responsible for you waking up on time. Therefore, the hotel is not responsible for you waking up on time.
Competitions Terms and Conditions
For entries in a competition to be valid, they must be submitted before indicated draw-date.
- Entry Validity
- Each competition is unique with its own number of entries. You will find the details in the specific competition's information section. You must be an over-18 UK resident to participate
- Entrance obliges you to adhere to the competition rules and any other requirements outlined in promotional material
- Any submissions with explicit language or sexual content of any kind will be withdrawn immediately. You are encouraged to interact respectfully
- Choosing the Winner
- Winners can expect to be notified within 48 hours of winning
- Thomas Cook Extras will choose winners from entrants and will notify the winners via email within 48 hours. Another winner will be chosen and contacted if there is no answer within 72 hours
- The name(s) of the prize winner(s) will be made available after the draw to anyone sending an email directly to Thomas Cook
- Winners are obliged to agree that their names and any associated comments or material can be used in future publicity undertakings of ThomasCook.com. The judge's decision is final
- The Prize
- The nontransferable prizes cannot be exchanged and are without cash alternatives
- Packaging and posting of parcels may take up to 2 weeks
- Thomas Cook will endeavour to deliver each prize. Should these be returned to us due to the courier's standards of practice, Thomas Cook Extras reserves the right to refuse to resend or reuse any prize
- Thomas Cook cannot accept liability for injuries or damage sustained as a result of the acceptance/receivership/participation in any of our competitions/prizes
- Reserved Rights
- The promoter (ThomasCook.com) may express the right to cancel or amend the terms and conditions of the prize draw at any time
- Any of our promotions are no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or related with Facebook. Remember that you are providing your information to Thomas Cook, not Facebook. Participation in our competitions means agreeing to a complete liability release for Facebook.
- Data Usage
- When a participant logs into a Thomas Cook App via Facebook, they agree to share their data with the promoter (ThomasCook.com) and any other party involved in the competition.