Had a great time here, kids loved the pools
This was our first family holiday in years, when reading reviews before we left I started to feel a bit apprehensive about going there. Anyone reading these reviews, please don't be put off by what people say. We arrived to a very warm welcome, we were taken to our rooms by a bell girl. The rooms could do with modernising, but you are really just sleeping there, we were over looking the sea, it was lovely & quite, just what we wanted with 2 young boys. I must admit some staff cannot understand English but the managers can & so can customer relations, other staff around can understand you a bit. We found the food nice, there was plenty of choice, the snack bar on the beach is better for children, as they do burgers, pizza, pasta, hot dogs & more. One thing we didn't like was the amount of feral cats, one bit my grandson but the medics were fabulous & he was fine, please don't be put off by that. I'm a diabetic & the mini bar isn't cold enough to store insulin, but the manager was very accommodating & he offered to move us nearer to reception as I'm disabled to, but we opted to store the insulin in the fridge at the lobby bar, which is open 24 hrs. You must have some photos taken by Speedy & Jerry, two amazing guys, also Ibrahim, the jewellery guy, he is lovely to & his shop is well worth a visit. We met some great people there & would definitely recommend & we would go back there in the future. Thank you to management & all staff at the Majesty Club.
October 26, 2014
Great family holiday beautiful hotel
We are a young couple aged 28 with 4 children between 2-9 and have just come back from a 14 night break at this hotel and LOVED IT ! We was abit worried at first with reading some of the 'bad' reviews but was not disappointed when we got there. The food was ok you can get main meals at the restaurant at dinner but we went to the bar near the beach as you get burgers,pizzas, spaghetti ect so the kids liked this better than the 'grown up' food in the restaurant . At tea time there's all different sorts of food available in the restaurant and at the back of the seatin area there's a kids bit were they can help there selves to chicken nuggets, pasta and chips, burgers ! There own little seatin area with deserts aswel ! The hotel is great and so is the shopping in altinkum , but I would not go with thomas cook again as the rep is NEVER at the hotel and we could not get intouch with her about transfers for going home and had to be put threw to an operator in England, when we was ment to be having our welcome meeting we was left sat in reception for over an hour because the rep didn't think our family had just arrived because we already had a tan ! And it was a complete waste of time when we did tel her it was our welcome meeting because she didn't tell us anything good or useful , we had to keep asking questions ! On her day off she turns her phone off and there's no other person to get intouch with like she told us there was ! . There aren't any shops near the hotel itself but we used to pay 70 lira in a taxi into altinkum which is great and full of shops ! Or you can jump on a bus which is 2 lira and they go past the hotel and stop right outside about every 5mins. I would defo recommend this hotel though and we're going to go back next year but try and go with a different company.
June 28, 2014
the food is horrendous and cold or raw, the staff are arrogant and rude, the hotel is 99% Russian and the English are looked down upon. go to another hotel as this could ruin someone's idea of turkey as this place is not a true representation of a beautiful friendly country. only good thing was the animation team
October 11, 2012
1 Week in Turkey
I normally don't take time to write any holiday reviews as I have in the past been satisfied with Thomas Cook holidays.
Overall this was an above average holiday. We have been to Turkey in past but would be listed as our least likeable holiday. A couple of points :
- Great location which made the overall holiday experience more acceptable.
- Nice and well maintained gardens.
Not so good points
- The food was poor and far to repetitive. We appreciate that we were visting a different country but even then the quality of the food was poor. We had visited Turkey in the past (different Hotel - Garden of Sun") where the food was far better and good variety. Really disappointed. No fresh fruit during the day (Watermelon)
- The rooms were far too small. comfortable but small.
- Someone should tell the Hotel manager that he is in the customer service industry. This means being polite to hotel residents (Turkish and non-Turkish), SMILING, and try to be helpful rather than saying NO to everything - The majority of the hotel staff were friendly but this really needs to improve.
August 14, 2011
We arrived at the hotel at approximatley 1.30am to find there was no food available and the only drinks that were available had to be paid for, at very expensive prices, even though we had booked an all inclusive package. The location of the hotel was not good it was a 20-30min bus journey into the town centre, there were no bars near by and the only shop on the complex was closed due to it being end of season which we were unaware of before booking. The pool bar, games rooms and all other kinds of activitys were closed due to end of season again we were unaware of this. As we had booked all inclusive we were expecting to be able to eat and drink 24 hours a day but this was not the case, breakfast 7.30am-10am, lunch 12.30-2.30pm and dinner 7pm-9pm, after this time no food was available. The food was very repetetive we lived on chicken and rice! The actual complex was very clean, the rooms were basic but just what you need for a holiday!
November 10, 2010
got ourselves a good deal and after reading some really bad reviews on trip advisor was dreading going . but never believe what you hear. the hotel was really nice, lovely and clean. not much entertainment for adults but can get on dolmus and get to town easily. food was ok never went hungry but dont expectburgers andchips because when in rome.
September 20, 2010
not the right choice
this place is ok for families but even then it is far too out of town. we booked it as it was described as being close to town with all it has to offer when in truth it was 45mins bus ride away. After evening meal there was just nothing to do at the resort and most nights the entertainment was an insult.
The staff were very friendly and the room clean but tired. Not suitable for a couple over 40 alone as it was full of small children who ran around till all hours at night. The decription of this holiday resort was not truthful.
The food was good but there were lots of complaints from guests. As it was my first experience of an all inclusive I had nothing to compare with but I had no cause to complain however I didnt care very much having to join long queues of people at the food counters. I think there should be a courtesy bus from the hotel to the town of Altinkam for those who want to see places outside of the hotel complex. We would not go again but it is a place for large family groups who want to spend all their time round the pool and drinking and eating.
August 30, 2010
not advertised well
Overall the place is pleasing, some places grotty but NOT Club Tarhan Didum. its clean, tidy & good views. Theres a nice lil park for kids. A quaint outside gym wi no weights, using ur own bodyweight to work out just as good for the kids. my 10 year old loved it.
!. The floors r hazardous when wet. someone slipped & knock themselves out while we were there.
2. The foods tasty but not great choice, theres no bacon or beans. Theres scrambled eggs, spicy sausages, omlettes cooked in front of u or fried eggs. Not a great selection for kids, all the foods were fresh. chips were avail. There was no ice creams in all inclusive in low season.
3. The pool tables r rubbish.
4. The poolbar isnt open in low season
5. The wrongly advertised pedaloes & possibly other watersports r not there anymore. I was told it was a dispute wi neighbourin hotels using the beach so were withdrawn.
6. The Beach was disgusting when we first arrived 22nd may, apparently the west coast area of turkey gets all the rubbish washed out at sea being washed up on the beaches, so theyr dragged/raked regularly. Theres 3 nice beaches in altinkum.
7. I was annoyed cos u cant buy food outside complex & take it back in. I bought crisps n pop while out in altinkum for the day & did not think to hide it when we returned, walked past the security gaurd straight through to the lobby to be stopped at reception as we had a supermarket bag with them in. i was repremanded & made to feel bad as they do expect u to buy from there shop. I said my son was hungry when we were out & i wasnt gonna throw them away as he would eat them later at night..I was asked not to do it again. in other words hide them.
8. B4 i start Casper was brilliant & easy to talk too (he is the little guy dwarf) hes part of the animation team. The rest of the animation team r pushy, always asking u to buy bingo tickets or join the horse racing they have. great my partner won & the prize? oh yes a free blow dry at the hairdressers on site. he's bald & i had no use for it as id have to wash my own hair first or pay for it. Another prize was 10% off the leather shop. not great prizes. The team through the day was boisterous & OTT. The entertainment at night is a little risque for having kids there. & thru the day its not advised to leave ur kids at the kids club as 1 of the people we were with had 2 kids 3 & 6yrs & were allowed to walk out of the club without stopping them & got upset as they couldnt find there mam or dad. most of the team didnt speak english. so please dont rely on the kids club.
10. The accomodation was ok, the beds r firm. The airconditionings great. did its job, there was a lil fridge to keep ur drinks in.
11.After 11pm u have to pay for drinks. Avg 10tl for a vodka n coke thats Nearly £5. A glass coke was 3tl but if like me u hate spendin more than u have too. The shop sold a 1litre bottle of coke for 2tl
June 10, 2010